Overspeed on digi.

If you leave the overspeed light on all day and then acknowledge it at the end of that day will it show up as one overspeed or will it log each individual overspeed? Just curious.

Matt

Afaik you have to acknowledge it to let you change mode Matt (ie POA or break) but in answer to your question I have no idea mate, just ok it, the speed limit is 60 mph and you were on a motorway when it happened. :wink:

the maoster:
Afaik you have to acknowledge it to let you change mode Matt (ie POA or break) but in answer to your question I have no idea mate, just ok it, the speed limit is 60 mph and you were on a motorway when it happened. :wink:

What if you were doing 75 downhill on the m20 :blush:?

How long do over speeds stay on? How do they work lol does it just record and overspeed or does it record speed and length of speed ?

The Tacho head itself will store all overpeeds it self …These will generally will be cleared on a calbration

I got pulled by vosa and had the tacho light on and because of that they really went to town on the truck, a right going over the lorry underneath etc, tacho, speed limiter, cmr’s, spent 45mins at least on it…

NewLad:
What if you were doing 75 downhill on the m20 :blush:?

You’re doomed I tell you doomed! In this day and age some berk will have either filmed you or consulted his penguin book of lorries to get your company phone number and is at this very moment harassing you TM to have you publicly castrated. Hth. :smiley:

norb:
The Tacho head itself will store all overpeeds it self …These will generally will be cleared on a calbration

I believe not if it is an exact tacho and cleared off before 30 seconds.

I got to 75 in a 7.5 and the overspeed warning came on, nothing was said when my card and tacho head was downloaded.

Ffs I do over speeds all the time vosa can’t touch u as it is not a tacho offence the police can only do u if caught at the time. Last time my card was read by vosa the guy asked me what hills I had been flying down. I also hit just over 75 today ( not meant) heading down the M5 just past Birmingham. I also hit 20 going up the telegraph hill in Devon to make up for that Grrrrr.

Haha @ Frazer I’ve been around 70-75 down windy hill not fun like bit hairy when braking back down to speed

Frazer smith:
Ffs I do over speeds all the time vosa can’t touch u as it is not a tacho offence the police can only do u if caught at the time. Last time my card was read by vosa the guy asked me what hills I had been flying down. I also hit just over 75 today ( not meant) heading down the M5 just past Birmingham. I also hit 20 going up the telegraph hill in Devon to make up for that Grrrrr.

Not been stopped whilst on a red light I take it…

You wouldn’t acknowledge them anyway unless you have to, they don’t give a stuff about over speeds as long as you’re not breaking the speed limit which as you know is 60 on a motorway.

Only your firm will maybe nause you about over speeds if they’re jobsworths as they’re petrified of the man.

If you’re OD, let him go. :slight_smile: (if it’s safe
to do so, you’re tyres & brakes are up to it & last but not least as long as there’s no children about.)

They may do you for 70 odd but even that I doubt most would be that arsed. They’re more interested in limiter dodgers & magnet fiends.

DVSA will generally investigate further for more than 10kph over the speed limiter speed or longer than 10 minutes. These apparently warrant further investigation to establish whether the speed limiter is malfunctioning.

As already said - if caught at the time over the actual speed limit then expect further action from the Police.

DVSA may also report excessive over-speed to the Traffic Commissioners and I have known operators be quizzed on this during PI’s and reminded they have an obligation to ensure vehicles operate within the speed limits.

Basically - in answer to the OP. Only clear it when you need to use the tacho, otherwise leave it flashing.

shep532:
DVSA will generally investigate further for more than 10kph over the speed limiter speed or longer than 10 minutes. These apparently warrant further investigation to establish whether the speed limiter is malfunctioning.

As already said - if caught at the time over the actual speed limit then expect further action from the Police.

DVSA may also report excessive over-speed to the Traffic Commissioners and I have known operators be quizzed on this during PI’s and reminded they have an obligation to ensure vehicles operate within the speed limits.

Basically - in answer to the OP. Only clear it when you need to use the tacho, otherwise leave it flashing.

Yes.

Saaamon:

Frazer smith:

driving on a red light is totally different to a overspeed light.

happysack:

Saaamon:

Frazer smith:

driving on a red light is totally different to a overspeed light.

I think he means if his company has a red light for the OCRS score as there’s a higher likely hood of getting pulled by DVSA

Well he must drive for cowboys then!

I heated if u ok it b4 30 sec passed u will b ok