Oversize load to albania

gentlemen ive been asked to supply a 35 ton long reach demolition machine to a guy in albania the machine is 3.2 m wide 3m tall with the arm down and 12m long its goes on the low loader no probs but the italians want 6 to 8 weeks for a wide load permit, this guy wants the machine yesterday, i am looking to take it thru germany austria slovenia croatia bosnia has anyone got any thoughts on this route and what permits i would need, regards paul

try asking for quotes from UK firms and also then ask in Germany Austria
you then pick the one who is the best and by that I mean not just the price but
if they are good enough ,I can get you some names from Germany and people on here will
supply ones also from UK and other countrys,You need a firm that is conversant with
all the required laws permits etc and so no Fly by night firm,It is better to pay more and have no problems than be a cheapskate and end up being out of pocket because of this

BRIT PETE is the guy to ask,he`s top dog on that aspect of latest info for that area. :stuck_out_tongue:

i reckon JJ72 has already worked you a price out and booked the trailer :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a company that is good and does go every where , he has a few english drivers
working for him as well plus ,they can arrange every thing for you as a package
HERE
BUT hopefully There is a english firm that offer a better service ,

well, through that many countries it may not anywhere as quick as the guy thinks…
Won’t it be cheaper/quicker to hire such a machine somewhere say in Greece ?

He has probably bought the ITEM as there is money to be made in the building trade in ALBANIA ;;

Get checking the weather news , as the snow has arrived
well and truely over here and you will be needing the snow chains
and winter tyres , along the route to your customer,is not nice weather.

thanks for the info pete will give them a try, still lookin at sea freight poss to pireus then up by road, maybe italy then tracking it on to the boat to durres or vlore, took a tipper down to albania last week the weather was smashing still in fiere dont know about up north tho, regards paul.

try phoneing donnel and ellis. they’ve helped us out a few times. and believe they do italy now and again.