Overseas driving for a class 2 driver

Any one got any good info on how I can get some experience driving overseas in class 2 ? I have been driving class 2 for 18 months for agencies.
Regards peter

I don’t know where you live but fine art shipping we’re looking for a class 2 international driver.

There’s not a great deal of continental work left these days, and when we did do it, the majority of it was Class 1 work. You could try Ontime Automotive, don’t know much about them but they do have quite a few rigids on Euro work.

ontime-auto.com/

westermant:
I don’t know where you live but fine art shipping we’re looking for a class 2 international driver.

Currently living in West Yorkshire

Four main types of haulage that use rigids abroad

1. Removals
  2. Events & exhibitions
  3. Car transport (as Harry Monk said Ontime, CARS, Kentvale etc)
  4. Computer moves.

I do mainly exhibitions and some sport/music events and get jobs all over Europe.
General haulage firms will tend to run only artics across the water as backloads are easier to find, but with events work I’m usually bringing the same gear out as I took in so a rigid can make sense with cheaper tolls & fuel etc.

AJF3011:
Four main types of haulage that use rigids abroad

1. Removals
  2. Events & exhibitions
  3. Car transport (as Harry Monk said Ontime, CARS, Kentvale etc)
  4. Computer moves.

I do mainly exhibitions and some sport/music events and get jobs all over Europe.
General haulage firms will tend to run only artics across the water as backloads are easier to find, but with events work I’m usually bringing the same gear out as I took in so a rigid can make sense with cheaper tolls & fuel etc.

Let me know if you have any thing come up and I would love to have a look at how you do things! I am self employed and hard working!
Regards Peter

Harry Monk:
There’s not a great deal of continental work left these days, and when we did do it, the majority of it was Class 1 work. You could try Ontime Automotive, don’t know much about them but they do have quite a few rigids on Euro work.

ontime-auto.com/

Sorry, you need a Class 1 to apply to Ontime

Can’t imagine there’s that many class 2 euro jobs, but by pure chance I came across someone called TMC Distribution earlier today although they’re based in Coalville so a bit further south. They seem to have vans and class 2 and do euro work, although don’t know anything about them beyond that.

why not try the big removal firms around west / /north Yorkshire. There are a couple of them go abroad quite often
cannot remember names. used to see them quite often on Portsmouth docks.

frenchflyer:
why not try the big removal firms around west / /north Yorkshire. There are a couple of them go abroad quite often
cannot remember names. used to see them quite often on Portsmouth docks.

David Dale? They’ve a yard in Boroughbridge

Removals firm are the best bet if you don’t mind double manning or having a helper with you and loading / unloading yourself breaking your back carrying everything and anything in and out of a house etc
Fine art removal very much similar , they expect you to pack / unpack everything , sometimes even hang the pictures etc , and when that work goes quiet they resort to house removals etc.
Car transport is prob one of the best if you can get into the upmarket exclusive car removals which u will prob need lots of experience for due to the high value of the goods.
Music / film / exhibitons is probably one of the better options but you could be away for long periods at a time
General haulage / chilled food etc as said already here would imagine would be very rare unless short hopping if u near one of the ports and just daily runs france etc local around the ports

nedflanders:
Car transport is prob one of the best if you can get into the upmarket exclusive car removals which u will prob need lots of experience for due to the high value of the goods.

Some of these companies run rigids and 4x4s with small trailers, as well as artics, but all the drivers I`ve met have full C+E licences. That way any driver can drive any vehicle as required. No harm in asking, but seems unlikely.

Try KB Events and Fly By Nite, they have plenty of Class 2 on the fleet

240 Gardner:

Harry Monk:

ontime-auto.com/

Not strictly correct, they do have a few Class 2 drivers, but most of their rigids pull trailers

gram67:

240 Gardner:

Harry Monk:

ontime-auto.com/

Not strictly correct, they do have a few Class 2 drivers, but most of their rigids pull trailers

There are two Class 2 drivers on the fleet, but you need a Class 1 to apply, as I said

Brian Yeardley at Featherstone near Wakefield cover all of Europe and TIR countries on concert and exhibition work with class one and two vehicles, ask to speak to Kevin, the manager , all their trucks are top of the range, you may be away for many weeks on a tour , or for months , depending how long it is .
Good luck .

Harry Monk:

ontime-auto.com/

Yeah you really don’t want to work for Ontime unless you are desperate… each on time lorry that passes you easily has half a mil on it at least & I don’t know about you but you wouldn’t catch me parking up at the side of the road with a couple Ferraris sitting on the back.