Overnighting in Swindon

robroy:

bobbya:

redboxer850:
I thought clamping was illegal.

Apart from DVLA

DVLA clamping? I’ve never heard of this before, we all know the real reason but what is the official one, and what actual harm are you doing parking on an ind est ffs :unamused:

dvla only clamp if the vehicle is not road taxed and is sat on the public highway

scotstrucker:

robroy:

bobbya:

redboxer850:
I thought clamping was illegal.

Apart from DVLA

DVLA clamping? I’ve never heard of this before, we all know the real reason but what is the official one, and what actual harm are you doing parking on an ind est ffs :unamused:

dvla only clamp if the vehicle is not road taxed and is sat on the public highway

That’s the one☺

scotstrucker:
nope but by luck 1 of the b&q cctv cameras did, unfortunately the scania truck (confirmed to the police to be Romanian reg by a Bulgarian driver parked in the same layby) had left by the time our Lithuanian driver discovered it. the police have told the boss that there is not allot they can do as cant see number plate but cctv shows the driver of the scania siphon the fuel out of ours into containers that the thief puts in his side lockers on the trailer, it also shows him/her go to the rear of our trailer and emerge 10 minutes later with two objects that are placed in the side locker. this was done at 02.30 till 03.15 am the truck left 10 minutes later.
So that whether the drivers from the ee or not is not known but probably will be

Looks like the apologies are on me then mate eh? :blush:
So to explain…
As I said, once over I used to get all the anti foreigner crap all the ■■■■ time :unamused: driving foreign motors, so I do tend to jump on here when some of the more narrow minded crew come on here spouting predjudicial ■■■■■■■■ with (unlike you) no real substance.
Good and bad in every nationality, including (and especially) Brit drivers.

robroy:

scotstrucker:
nope but by luck 1 of the b&q cctv cameras did, unfortunately the scania truck (confirmed to the police to be Romanian reg by a Bulgarian driver parked in the same layby) had left by the time our Lithuanian driver discovered it. the police have told the boss that there is not allot they can do as cant see number plate but cctv shows the driver of the scania siphon the fuel out of ours into containers that the thief puts in his side lockers on the trailer, it also shows him/her go to the rear of our trailer and emerge 10 minutes later with two objects that are placed in the side locker. this was done at 02.30 till 03.15 am the truck left 10 minutes later.
So that whether the drivers from the ee or not is not known but probably will be

Looks like the apologies are on me then mate eh? :blush:
So to explain…
As I said, once over I used to get all the anti foreigner crap all the [zb] time :unamused: driving foreign motors, so I do tend to jump on here when some of the more narrow minded crew come on here spouting predjudicial ■■■■■■■■ with (unlike you) no real substance.
Good and bad in every nationality, including (and especially) Brit drivers.

i know all foreigner drivers aint bad and it’s only a few who get the rest a bad name. there’s good and bad in all walks of life no matter what language you speak and it’s always the bad ones that are remembered most.
no need for apologies mate as i should have explained it better in the first place.

It was normal for Brits to have fights with other Brits at truckstops all over Europe, they would argue over trivial matters, the fight clubs were at Macon, St Andre de Cubzac BP Cabbage Patch Bordeaux.
The Murrfits lads loved a good barny over their ten pints of Stella Artois.
I once saw seven Russian drivers fist fighting in a garage near Le Mans.
They cut each others suzy lines, cut holes in trailers and when the iron pipes came out, I called the old bill.
The Rusky drivers were built like Geof Capes
Or Dave Prowse.( Original Darth Vader actor)

toby1234abc:
It was normal for Brits to have fights with other Brits at truckstops all over Europe, they would argue over trivial matters, the fight clubs were at Macon, St Andre de Cubzac BP Cabbage Patch Bordeaux.
I once saw seven Russian drivers fist fighting in a garage near Le Mans.
They cut each others suzy lines, cut holes in trailers and when the iron pipes came out, I called the old bill.

The Rusky drivers were built like Geof Capes
Or Dave Prowse.( Original Darth Vader actor)

Ex old bill,budgie breeder.
Green x code man.
Two finer gentlemen,you couldnt wish too meet.

toby1234abc:

If I remember some of the Murfitts crew, they would fight arguing over what day it was. :smiley:

A lot of them moved on to MegaTruckingCo/Ewals Cargo Care, I knew a few there…

Swindon truckstop ain’t closing I’m led to believe,apparently it’s been taken over by new management and is in the process of being refurbished,parking is free at the minute as there’s no facilities.
Let’s hope it’s better than before as it couldn’t get any worse.

Thetaff2:
Swindon truckstop ain’t closing I’m led to believe,apparently it’s been taken over by new management and is in the process of being refurbished,parking is free at the minute as there’s no facilities.

What would you rather have.
Parking with crap facilities, or no parking?

Suedehead:

Thetaff2:

Why does it need to be an either/or situation.
What’s wrong with parking with excellent facilities :bulb:

robroy:

Suedehead:

Thetaff2:

Why does it need to be an either/or situation.
What’s wrong with parking with excellent facilities :bulb:

Clean and adequate would be a good start.

Feel sorry for the inhabitants of Swindon - they have to overnight every night in the place :smiley: :smiley: