Overnight recommendations thurs eve Dunstable area

My final drop thursday eve will be on the woodside estate in Dunstable and I could stay overnight there but as I have 3 drops on friday in London, the 1st being in Northwood and then a drive home to Newport I’d rather get a bit further down the M1 towards London but really don’t know where if anywhere is good to park. Or shall I just park up in dunstable and get up earlier on friday ?

Hmmmm…

Cheers in advance

George-1982:
My final drop thursday eve will be on the woodside estate in Dunstable and I could stay overnight there but as I have 3 drops on friday in London, the 1st being in Northwood and then a drive home to Newport I’d rather get a bit further down the M1 towards London but really don’t know where if anywhere is good to park. Or shall I just park up in dunstable and get up earlier on friday ?

Hmmmm…

Cheers in advance

if it was me i would parking at luton south truck stop just off the m1 and setting off early, they have a nice pub next door…you’ll love it :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: (ask coffeeholic :wink: ) . as IIRC there are no more MSA’s truck parks between dunstable and london along the M1, but i could be wrong.

CC

Cruise Control:
if it was me i would parking at luton south truck stop just off the m1 and setting off early, they have a nice pub next door…you’ll love it :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: (ask coffeeholic :wink: ) . as IIRC there are no more MSA’s truck parks between dunstable and london along the M1, but i could be wrong.

CC

motorwayservices.info/area.php?area=12

i would drive on from dunstable to northwood keeping an eye on the way for somewhere to park. you will somewhere eventually, especially in watford.

jessicas dad:

Cruise Control:

CC

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: thanks alex, forgot about that one.

Cruise Control:

jessicas dad:

Cruise Control:

CC

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: thanks alex, forgot about that one.

but when i looked at google maps of where northwood is, i would have come off for there sooner anyway. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Cruise Control:

jessicas dad:

Cruise Control:

CC

but when i looked at google maps of where northwood is, i would have come off for there sooner anyway. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes…i have just looked were northwood is :unamused: :unamused: should of done that first. he could stop at watford gap services - convient if you got drops in watford itself the next day… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you off to truckfest this year jd?

Ive parked off J7 M1 - Hemel Hempstead. If your heading South slip off, hang a right then youll come to a roundabout with Holiday Inn Express in front off you at a set of lights, take a right there then straight over 1 or 2 mini roundabouts then park up at the 2nd or 3rd roundabout (Used to be a road which is now closed - Reverse in there.) Ive done it many times, no probs and your more or less beside the M1 without the noise and 15mins from M25. No need to pay either and back where the hotel is, maybe 300yds theres 2 x garages if you need anything basic to eat.

Cruise Control:
if it was me i would parking at luton south truck stop just off the m1 and setting off early, they have a nice pub next door…you’ll love it :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: (ask coffeeholic :wink: )

Never been in there mate, Jimboy124 has and the last couple of driver’s Christmas parties where held there, I didn’t go to either of them.

Cruise Control:
you off to truckfest this year jd?

no im not well and out of work so skint and also to down to cope with it all. :neutral_face:

What about Watling Street Cafe - J9 M1. Foods reasonable and theres a pub just down the road.

gb1:
What about Watling Street Cafe - J9 M1. Foods reasonable and theres a pub just down the road.

Cheers for all of the replies guys…think I might give the Watling street cafe a go, does it get full early do you know gb1 ?

DO NOT park on woodside ind estate. I was waiting outside ND, ok everyone knows what goes in there, with a sealed container, and it got broken into at midday. The thieving little blighters did a runner when another one of ours pulled up behind. They’d only just broke the seal, thank god.

George-1982:

gb1:

Cheers for all of the replies guys…think I might give the Watling street cafe a go, does it get full early do you know gb1 ?

You don’t want to be turning-up much after 18.00.
Facilities are typical old-style transport cafe, but as I said, the foods reasonable, in price, quantity; and choice. Alternatively, if you want some time away from the truck, the pub down the road does meals too, although expect to pay a greater price. Believe its a Harvester or suchlike.

Cheers, I’m starting at 4am thurs so I want to be finishing around 5-6pm anyway

isnt watling street ts next to the pub with the dancers anyhow?? :unamused: and im sure the sign says dancing from 12pm:)… but is it as good as the flying scotsman :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dazaster:
isnt watling street ts next to the pub with the dancers anyhow?? :unamused: and im sure the sign says dancing from 12pm:)… but is it as good as the flying scotsman :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes, sorry i know it as luton south truck park :blush: :blush: :blush: not watling street cafe as its prob more commanly know :exclamation: :unamused:

Well I ended up at watling street after all, lucky I got here at 17:10 as it was nearly full already and hasn’t emptied much…£12 parking with a £5.50 meal voucher…happy days and only 30min to my 1st drop in the morning.

Cheers again :slight_smile: