Overnight parking of hgv's in residential areas

Still say you should of slashed his tyres :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

it depends totaly on the attitude of the 7.5t driver. if he`s sensible and considerate about it, no problemo.
if he aint knock him out…lol :laughing:

I’m amazed. I have just seen a white & red ERF unit parked:

a. On a housing estate
b. Within 15 mts of a junction (More like within 5’ of it, “it” being the junction with the main road).
c. Facing the “wrong” way at night. (ie on the "wrong side of the road)
d. Unlit

There’s at least 3 offences there that i can spot immediately. How do these drivers ever pass their theory test? Or do they just blatently ignore what they allegedly learned/know. I wouldn’t even dream of parking my car where it was.

Regards, Jonathan

DSA ADI. Ex LGV Instructor. RoSPA Gold

Had it been me and being 6’6" with Glaswegian accent and by telling the driver i dont want to go inside again, it would have been safely parked a long way down the street the following night.

Having never been inside but by using it as a statement recently on the golf course to some arrogent ■■■■ with no patience i find it never fails these days.

However the best course of action i can see is to talk to the guy in person first ask him to park it somewhere else, then if that doesnt work leave a note, if that doesnt work phone the Police, and then if that doesnt work phone VOSA, if they cant do anything the and as a last resort ask Rob K ,s neighbours to move in next door to him and block his drive!!!.

SimonRS2K:

simon

nicked his deisel too :smiling_imp:

Driveroneuk:

a. On a housing estate
b. Within 15 mts of a junction (More like within 5’ of it, “it” being the junction with the main road).
d. Unlit

And?

DeSaint:

SimonRS2K:

simon

nicked his deisel too :smiling_imp:

Never thought of that good man :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Driveroneuk:

a. On a housing estate
d. Unlit

There’s at least 3 offences there that i can spot immediately. How do these drivers ever pass their theory test? Or do they just blatently ignore what they allegedly learned/know. I wouldn’t even dream of parking my car where it was.

Regards, Jonathan

DSA ADI. Ex LGV Instructor. RoSPA Gold

theory test :confused: and what’s one of them :laughing: :laughing: :question:

Blimey charlie!!
I have one night away and come back to this lot!!!

Well, I think the note has worked,because the 7.5 tonner has not been parked in my street since I left the note, but I will keep a close watch on the situation.

BTW, if certain people think I am a grass,then fine,call me one,because I would do the same thing again and again.
And it’s not about being scared to confront someone,it’s about protecting my investment(my house)not only that,the lorry shouldn’t be parked there!.

Dan.

I agree the vehicle should not be parked there overnight but it reminds me of the time when the other (better) halve was ill for some time and John, when loading at Phillips would drop his trailer there, and come up to see her and if I needed anything. Very occassionally his unit would be parked overnight but not a problem to anyone as the local police verified but some freindly nieghbour contacted VOSA, then the V I, and John was very lucky not to lose his “O” licence.

If you do contact VOSA then I hope you are beyond reproach in EVERYTHING you do.

Somethings have a funny way of comeing home to roost.

This is not a threat just an “old wives tale”

I park my unit on the drive at the side of my house.No problem. :wink:
I’m even on holiday this week,and the unit will be parked there all week. :wink:
Same as it was in June when I went on holiday to Italy for two weeks. :wink:

I was thinking of contacting the Police as I am sure the spacing on the registration plate of that white car in the avatar is illegal :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TheBear:
I was thinking of contacting the Police as I am sure the spacing on the registration plate of that white car in the avatar is illegal :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Still want to contact 'em■■? :smiley: :smiley:

Just a dodgy camera angle I’m afraid. :laughing:

Dan.

SimonRS2K:
■■■■■ his tyres :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

PMSL but no good if it needs moving in a hurry

DeSaint:
nicked his deisel too

PMSL again

TC:
Rob K wrote:

GRASS

Quote:

[quote"Rob K"]
Even though I don’t actually need to go anywhere until Monday night I’m really annoyed by it so I belled the plod and told them exactly what had happened earlier - “no problem there sir, I would have done the same”.

GRASS

■■■■■■■ funniest thread I’ve read in ages :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s really is the problem with parking a truck at home for the odd night and if you find it’s in your way whats the problem with talking to the driver first and trying to get a compromise. If you then get no joy then think about other actions. There are people out there who don’t want thier neighbours to park caravans in their gardens or bring thier works van home, even car sized, as it “brings down the tone of the neighbourhood” and “lowers the property prices” a bit of live and let live wouldn’t be a bad thing.
We get a lot of this in Norfolk people move into villages and then complain about mud on the road or about muck spreading or farms working late into the night during harvest or any bussiness that are trying to make a living. The parish council of one village round tried to close a cafe on the A47 even though it’s not in the village.

Dan ak ?you sad mean ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ you grass someone the DOT for taking the wagon home,■■■■ on your chips.The “O” licence say,s what when a wagon is on route ie away from base,fully taxed and legit ,can it park anywhere when there are no restictions just like a car or not.

Dan a.k.a Boo:

TheBear:

Dan.

on the front yes but the back ■■

oddsodz:

Dan a.k.a Boo:

TheBear:

Dan.

on the front yes but the back ■■

No, but there was a motor blocking his street which meant that should his house catch fire the Fire Brigade wouldn’t have been able to get to it, putting him, his family, and no doubt several of his neighbours at risk.

as hes also a nighbour wouldnt his house also be in danger ■■

why cant people just just let others do as they please?? perhaps one day dan will have to park his motor in the road ■■(family illness god forbid)

froggy:
Dan ak ?you sad mean [zb],would you grass someone the DOT for taking the wagon home,[ZB] on your chips.The “O” licence say,s what when a wagon is on route ie away from base,fully taxed and legit ,can it park anywhere when there are no restictions just like a car or not.

Sorry Froggy! You got that wrong

The truck must be parked at its operating centre.

Wheelnut,read the posting I don`t say anything is wright or wrong just posed the question,ps how can any truck 200+miles away from home park at it,s op,s center?,froggy