Overnight Parking Near Brighton

Hi,
Can anybody recommend a good (free) place to overnight within an hour of Brighton? Looks as if i will spending the night out on Monday night. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Dave

Head for Shoreham docks you can park in the docks or if you are coming from Brighton towards Shoreham go past the turning for the docks and there is a small lorry park on the right hand side

Mazzer2:
Head for Shoreham docks you can park in the docks or if you are coming from Brighton towards Shoreham go past the turning for the docks and there is a small lorry park on the right hand side

Thanks

Mazzer2:

Do not use this one if you value your diesel,I live nearby,it has a terrible reputation.

davidpindar:
Hi,
Can anybody recommend a good (free) place to overnight within an hour of Brighton? Looks as if i will spending the night out on Monday night. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Dave

There’s lots of layby whichever direction you’re coming from.

Decent layby at bottom of 23.With a cafe in it.Not sure what time it shuts though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Always been a pain in the arse around there.

There are a pair of laybys on opposite sides of the A22 near Uckfield. It is about 20 minutes drive from Brighton, starting by going East on the A27 dual carriageway, and then through the A26 tunnel at Lewes. When I can’t find any other spaces in laybys in that neighborhood - I’ve been consistently able to park up in laybys on the “Uckfield Bypass” section of the A22. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your replies, the small firm i work for are Newark based and most of our runs can be done in a day, with only the occasional night out. The few i have done have all been to Scotland, and we have a yard sharing agreement with a small firm near Moffat, so parking is not usually a problem.

I’ve always parked on Dolphin Way in Shoreham By the Sea a little horseshoe shape ind est near to mcd’s and a short walk in to town with a few bars and takeaways if you fancy. Never had any bother there.

daftvader:
Decent layby at bottom of 23.With a cafe in it.Not sure what time it shuts though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If there’s room in the layby,that’s where I’d be. I’ve been in there on me motorbike and can vouch for the cafe and the grub. Route 23 I think it’s called.

Once again thank you for your recommendations, the plan for Monday is now a little clearer. Two seed drills to deliver Monday morning, one to a farm near Leicester and then the other over towards Derby. Then it’s back to the yard, top up with fuel and over to Asleff (Newark) for a load of Ground Engineering stuff, due to load at 1200, so i should be away by 1300, Hopefully i should be at the bottom of the A 23 by 1700, i will try the Dinner lay-by first before moving on to the other suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

It’s a cabin and its a layby at faygate, it does fill up fast tho but 5 should be good , nice grub and they do have a shower