Overnight parking meal vouchers

Meal vouchers when parking are a bit of a perk, and were originally given out by cafe/pub/truckstop owners to attract drivers to park at their venue, rather than go to an alternative.
So…
Is your firm a decent firm, the type that appreciates their drivers, and they pay the full amount,.safe in the knowledge that their driver has opted to park somewhere relatively more secure than a lay by.
Or.
A greedy shower of ■■■■, who begrudge their drivers any ■■■■ thing going, so they take off the price of a meal…
Or worse…
Even refuse to pay the ticket because they have discovered that the amount includes a meal anyway, and there is no alternative charge for not having a meal.

I think you can guess which category of co I work for :unamused: :smiley: , so no more paying to park out of my own pocket thinking I’m getting re.imbursed from now on…, so if I get robbed I get robbed. :smiling_imp:

When are these types of firms gonna get it that it’s counter productive just to agitate and ■■■■ off their drivers,.and that they would be more endeared to if they treated them with a bit more consideration, respect and all the rest of it. :unamused:

when we are loaded, we get free parking anyway. But sometimes we go up the road empty and then pay for parking with meal voucher. I won’t do it more than twice in any week (always have food with me anyway) and they’ve always reimbursed full amount to me. Like you said rob if they refuse to pay it they leave themselves open to potential diesel theft. They’ll learn the hard way in the end.

The last company I worked for paid for parking without question whether in the UK or abroad. They weren’t bothered if that charge included a food voucher for the driver, they still paid the full amount.
Loaded or empty made no difference, if you had to pay to park then it was reimbursed in full.
Luckily all the drivers appreciated the companies attitude towards this so none ever took the pee out of it.

We get the full parking with a meal thrown in. Its in our contract that when on a night out a meal will be paid for by the company.

Any proper company will not bother about deducting the vouchers, and just pay the full amount, If they do deduct the vouchers, just pay the extra £2.00 yourself to get the voucher, and ask for the company to reimburse you the vat on that cost as it’s your money, that you paid, Normally stops the penny pinching muckers.

We get fully reimbursed for all parking, Inc vouchers, as govner, says you need to eat and shower, :smiley: Some of the tramps seem to forget showers aren’t optional.

Last company I worked for would pay parking but not meal allowance. Boss was a tight-fisted ■■■■■■■ desperate to save every penny. If you paid the extra for the meal, he’d refuse to pay you anything as he’d say you couldn’t prove cost of parking without a meal so you were probably trying to rip him off

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hard to believe that drivers work for someone that would not pay for parking but yet expect a driver to sleep in the truck they should be looking after the interest and safety of the driver first

We’re on SNAP, so if parking in SNAP sites don’t get a meal voucher anyway… but can also park elsewhere, pay for it, and get it reimbursed. If a meal voucher is included regardless, they’ll pay for it, but if it’s an optional extra, they’ll only pay the lower rate that doesn’t include the meal voucher. But, they do pay us a meal allowance anyway, so I guess I can understand that.

I tend to have food in the fridge anyway, but will normally pay the extra £1.50/£2 for the meal voucher, claim back the lower amount, and use the meal voucher for breakfast & coffee, and/or for buying something for the following days lunch. It’s a game, you just gotta learn how to play it :smiley:

never understood this nonscence of paying extra for a meal with parking . There should be one option when you turn up somewhere looking to park up for the night - so much to park for 24 hours and a “free” meal to the value of so much. Its then the drivers choice if they take the meal or not .

Update…flabbergasted !!
(my flabber has never been so gasted as Frankie Howerd used to say :laughing: )

Had a call out of the blue from the guvnor telling me he is paying my ticket, and to carry on parking there in the future :open_mouth: …,and I got the nearest thing to an apology that I could (in his own way :smiley: ) so good enough for me, clean slate problem sorted , no longer severely ■■■■■■ off.
Anybody who admits they are wrong, go a long way with me.
Just shows what can happen when you stand your ground though eh

Oh yeh…Forgot to do my dozy esque Friday stuck out again thread yesterday…I’m still in Avonmouth ffs. :smiley: home in morning.
The Joy’s of trucking. :unamused:

Ours pay it MT or loaded with meal voucher but we have some fools who moan about paying for parking up front and want the firm to use snap even if it means paying for there food … muppets. We get paid 4 nites regardless and they can’t work out they are on a good thing esp when a lot of them only do 1 nite out a week just want to ruin it for the rest that out all week . Luckily boss having none of it

Last mob I worked for had SNAP, so we were allowed to use their sites if we were overnighting with an ADR or high-value load, BUT parking up for the night at MSAs or non-SNAP truckstops was strictly forbidden UNLESS you were running very close to the end of your 15-hour day AND there was nowhere else to park nearby. This is because our cheapskate gaffer did not want to reimburse the sky-high MSA fees. :imp: :imp: :frowning:

Oh, and another thing. If you were parked up within 1/2 hour of base before 21.00 on a night out, he used to deduct the night out money for those particular days from your wage at the end of each week WITHOUT you being informed beforehand! :frowning: :imp:

Utter cowboys! :imp:

Sorry for the short rant.

My boss pays out…no question.

My mates boss refuses to pay for parking.

Guess who I would rather work for?

Ken.

Garbo2018:
Last mob I worked for had SNAP, so we were allowed to use their sites if we were overnighting with an ADR or high-value load, BUT parking up for the night at MSAs or non-SNAP truckstops was strictly forbidden UNLESS you were running very close to the end of your 15-hour day AND there was nowhere else to park nearby. This is because our cheapskate gaffer did not want to reimburse the sky-high MSA fees. :imp: :imp: :frowning:

Oh, and another thing. If you were parked up within 1/2 hour of base before 21.00 on a night out, he used to deduct the night out money for those particular days from your wage at the end of each week WITHOUT you being informed beforehand! :frowning: :imp:

Utter cowboys! :imp:

Sorry for the short rant.

When I worked for Vos, if running UK, if you parked in a 25 mile radius of home they did not pay you. :neutral_face:
‘Home’ from their point of view was where they sent your pay cheque, so I got it changed to send to my parent’s address 20 miles away.
Had a few ‘nights out’ paid at home after that. :sunglasses: