Overnight parking in Stranraer

Is there anywhere in, or near Stranraer, thats ok to park up for the night ? I’ll be coming from Carlise, and I have a drop in Dumfries, but I’ll be way too early to stop there, so will head onto Stranraer. Your suggestions are most appreciated… :smiley:

There is a large car park along the sea front in Stranraer which a lot of trucks use.
Go into Stranraer, pass the ferry port on right and police station on left. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit (more or less straight ahead) carry on along the sea front to next roundabout and turn right. The car park entrance is straight in fron of you. Plenty of roon to swing round at the top and come back down to the front to park.
No washing facilities or toilets but plenty of pubs and eating places within 2 or 3 minutes walk. Never heard of any “security problems” there either.
Hope this helps!

I’m sorry to divert this thread a little, but why is it that there are so many more easy park-ups in Scotland than there are south of the border?

Every village seems to have at least a lay-by, the larger ones even have toilets and often they’re open all night too. Is it that the councils are more enlightened up there?

sorry to late for tonight but never had any problems on the industral estate at stranraer . lots of folk walking dogs but no neds about

Cheers Proudscot, stayed where you suggested, and had a quiet nights sleep. Very handy for the shops, pubs and chippys, so a good place to use. There are council signs telling you , you cant sleep there overnight, so I walked to the Police station to ask them, and they said its ok to stay there. Thanks again… :smiley:

The A75 seems to be awash with big laybys, spent many nights there in the past whilst coming/going from Belfast.

Anyway, bit late now as you’ve done your night out ! :laughing: