Overnight parking in or around Barnsley

Loading in London at the moment, hope to be up there around 7 or 8 tonight, any suggestions please. Won’t be able to answer for a few hours…oh, and In an Artic.

Stockyard, or jcn29 chesterfield.

biggriffin:
Stockyard, or jcn29 chesterfield.

Both decent places, but from experience i think you might struggle to get a space in junc 29 at 7 or 8 o’'clock.

You might want to check out traffic reports.M1 has been closed in one or both directions regularly recently between jcts.36 and 39 overnight.

jct 31.secure parking

Shawfield road.
No facilities though.

Lidgate crescent on the langthwaite business park,South Kirkby…would be my choice.
Everything you need in the village.

Come at it from the a1

Junction 37 hang left for Manchester ,Fall bank ind estate about a mile off junction 37 good chippy in Dodworth or meal in Fairways pub

Thanks all, didn’t make it
As far as I hoped. Appreciate the replies.

Gidders:
You might want to check out traffic reports.M1 has been closed in one or both directions regularly recently between jcts.36 and 39 overnight.

37/38 actually. lol

Ken.

wildcat:
Junction 37 hang left for Manchester ,Fall bank ind estate about a mile off junction 37 good chippy in Dodworth or meal in Fairways pub

Pronounced, “Dodorth.” Same as “Cudorth.” (Cudworth.) :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Could have veered off a bit and gone to the Redbeck on the A638 (Which is 24 hour.) to the east of Wakefield. Just make sure you are under 14 foot.

Ken.

I shall bear all of these in mind for the future. The trouble is a lot of my nights out happen on the spur of the moment, the best laid plans and all that!

Twoninety88:
I shall bear all of these in mind for the future. The trouble is a lot of my nights out happen on the spur of the moment, the best laid plans and all that!

Theres a thread n here somewhere called “Unplanned nights out”. Have a read, it’s very enlightening :grimacing:

Conan the Librarian:

Twoninety88:

Theres a thread n here somewhere called “Unplanned nights out”. Have a read, it’s very enlightening :grimacing:

Is the poster a certain dozy, moaning about Friday nights out,and missing the steak dinner, and dipper Dave’s been round. :smiley:

Oh I do try and plan, It matters not a jot if I’m home or not, its part of the job and always has been. I have enough food, drink, water, wash gear to survive for a good while. What screws me is trying to find half decent places to plot up now, a lot of the old places have fast disappeared.
Cheers for the help chaps!