Overnight parking in Belgium

As the topic says. I’m on the ferry Tuesday night, 3 days doing various drops in Belgium & then ferry back (Hull - Zeebrugge) on Friday night. Anybody know the regs? Safe parking? Costs etc? I’ve only ever driven on the continent in a van or a car, never overnighting in a truck!

You will need a toll box, which you can get in parking areas as you go through the border, make sure you have log book, insurance to get box, and it costs 100 plus euros, you can pay on fuel card dkv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parking at service stations is free in Europe but Holland/Belgium if you arrive after 4pm then best of luck finding a space . They don’t seem as uptight as uk in parking in Ind ests or even at the side of the road,

Down load an app called truckfly , it shows loads of routiers and other parking spots.

No overtaking in Belguim on 2 lane motorways unless stated, unlike everywhere else where the signs say no overtaking they have signs to tell you where you can do it.

Toll box needed as said, make sure the green light is on before moving.

I’ve never heard of this toll box…is it compulsory?

It’s a new thing they bought in…Yes it is compulsory

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its only in the UK that foreign trucks can drive for free !

raymundo:
Its only in the UK that foreign trucks can drive for free !

Wrong, there is a toll now , about ten pounds a day .

Over 3.5t you need a obu.

It must fill you with confidence that your firm is sending you out to do a job without the correct tools.

There are vending machines at the border to get your obu, make sure you have all your paperwork.

daftvader:
It’s a new thing they bought in…Yes it is compulsory

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep been in for most of this year, bloody great thing suckers to attach it to the windscreen and plugs into cigarette lighter

Concretejim:
Over 3.5t you need a obu.

It must fill you with confidence that your firm is sending you out to do a job without the correct tools.

There are vending machines at the border to get your obu, make sure you have all your paperwork.

Got back to the yard today at dinnertime, and was told all about the toll box, and various other ways of paying etc etc…so yes, I’m full of confidence! Did you seriously think I would be sent blindly across the sea?

If you do park in a motorway services, park in one facing away from Calais/Zeebrugge. You may have some friends in your trailer otherwise.