Overnight parking a66/m6

does anyone know any good overnight parking around A66 Will be running back from glasgow Tomorrow afternoon and guess i will get to the 66 before i run out of drive time,

Have checked the Overnight parking forum but can’t see anything for this area.

Cheers,

There is the lorry park at Penrith that used to belong to BP.

Right on the M6/A66 junction.If it’s still open,follow the signs.Haven’t been over that way for 15 months,so can’t say if it’s still in operation.

Ken.

Penrith is still in operation, and is a lot better since the latest takeover. Very clean cafe with good food. £10 parking with a £2 meal voucher if I remember correctly.

Personally I wouldn’t stop there. If you climb up to Brough Top on the A66 just before you reach the brow there’s a re-opened truck-stop on the left hand side. Haven’t stopped here myself yet because I haven’t been up north, but I’ve heard good things about it.

The scenery’s good too which is always a bonus imo.

Cheers.

When I was at Exel at Sherburn-in-Elmet,we used to stop at Brough Moor on the way back from ■■■■■■■ for breakfast,when it just re-opened.

It turned out that it is owned by the guy who has the Little Bistro on the A1 south near the Quernhow.

As I haven’t been over the A66 since early last year,I don’t know if the full site has since re-opened,but I know he had plans to.

Ken.

I’ve seen an advert for the Brough T/S recently. Coming from Penrith, take the first exit for Brough and its on the left-hand-side, before you reach the town. From the opposite direction I’ve no idea.

There is also the Punch Bowl Pub, its been a T/S for donkeys years. Its on the left when you are coming from Penrith. Look for the sign for Borrowdale Beck.

Just after the Punch Bowl, is the Stainmore Cafe. Right on top of the hill. It was a T/S years ago but closed. The petrol station building has been converted into a very nice cafe. I believe it is also owned by the same people who own the Little Bistro

And if you stop at the cafe on the top of Brough and Bowes Moor, you will need a night heater in summer :stuck_out_tongue: It gets a bit cool to say the least.

Punch Bowl Food is ok but parking can be tight and there is / was a problem with thieving scumbags nicking diesel