Overnight in Maidstone area

Hi all, can anyone recommend somewhere to overnight on Monday night in the Maidstone area??

Cheers

I think theres a lay bye/old road after the shell garage going down bluebell hill i pulled in for a quick kip one night last week there was plenty in there.

yes there is. on both sides of the carriageway a229. gets busy tho best to get there fairly early

Cheers guys

mataos32:
yes there is. on both sides of the carriageway a229. gets busy tho best to get there fairly early

Is that the one with the pub just down from there??

Thetaff2:

mataos32:

The northbound one has a pub at the end of it, sometime they have live music on Sunday evenings

Always parked around Lake Road (ME20 7TP) just off jnct 5 if it’s after 5-6pm,supermarket nearby.

pierrot 14:

Thetaff2:

mataos32:

The northbound one has a pub at the end of it, sometime they have live music on Sunday evenings

yes. good pub too. southbound has nothing apart from the garage.

I used to do a drop on the 20/20 ind.est. which involved me parking up o/nite off site.I used to pull out onto rd and park up.There were always a couple of other trucks parked.Never had any probs,quiet,no thieving.Cant remember name of rd but directions are,turn into est follow rd to bottom turn left and first right just make sure you don’t block any gates or driveways,only downside no facilities.
regards dave.

Both places not great if you value your fuel. quarry wood is ind est off at j5 up to roundabout and turn right will be on your right after sainsburys

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, at least now I’ve got a few ideas.
Cheers

mataos32:

pierrot 14:

Thetaff2:

mataos32:

yes. good pub too. southbound has nothing apart from the garage.

If memory serves me right, they do take away pizzas in that pub :smiley:

jackdaw:
Always parked around Lake Road (ME20 7TP) just off jnct 5 if it’s after 5-6pm,supermarket nearby.

This’ll be your best bet fella. The two laybys are ok if you don’t mind close passing traffic rocking the motor.

There used to be an industrial estate near the river in the town centre with places to park up, I used to spend my nights out there, handy for the chip shop just around the corner, and a few nearby pubs.

Pat Hasler:
There used to be an industrial estate near the river in the town centre with places to park up, I used to spend my nights out there, handy for the chip shop just around the corner, and a few nearby pubs.

long gone mate all flats now

chester1:

Pat Hasler:

long gone mate all flats now

Shame :frowning:

if you head out of maidstone towards wateringbury there is a large layby on the right handside, just leave room for the burger wagon in the morning.
20/20 is ok does get a bit busy with trucks parking up though.
A couple of laybys at the top of detling hill but tend to get filled up with trucks and those that apparently like to walk there dogs, that one i would avoid.
you would proberly have more luck parking up near sittingbourne then twenty minute drive into maidstone.

or you do have maidstone services but once again fills up quick as its quite small.
hope this helps.