Overnight cheap electric tariff

Just got a new OHME Pro 7kW smart home charger installed in the garage to make use of EDF overnight cheap tariff from midnight to 05:00 7 days a week at 9p/kW.
That’s 35 hours of cheap electricity per week. :sunglasses:

So, Octopus Energys 2330 - 530 rate at 7.5p per kwh wasn’t appealing then.

Couldn’t afford to stay with those clowns, They never got our meter readings correct in over three years with them despite them being able to read our smart meter remotely & me sending them pics of the meter readings regular.
They kept putting our monthly DD up saying we seem to be using a lot of electricity, er no we weren’t there’s only my missus & myself & we use it sparingly.
They wanted us to up the monthly DD to £400 or get changed to pre-payment :open_mouth:so I said enough is enough & we got the ombudsman involved, We eventually got back just shy of £600 off them & it was like pulling teeth to get it back. :rage:

Well, I think you’re in the minority there then.

Maybe so but I’m now paying 70% less a month on DD & still using the exact same amount of energy. I can live with that.

To be fair you can state monthly direct debit to only be based on your own monthly home readings sent in online also smart meter set in dumb mode.

Bugger! British Gas has gone & trumped em all with an overnight rate of 4.95p/kWh between 12:00 & 05:00 :astonished:
British Gas claims new EV charging rate cheapest in the UK

They’ll probably more than offset the few cheap nighttime hours with an extortionate price for the other 19 hours in a day.It would probably take a few tonnes of batteries and a 1 Megawatt charger to make it pay at which point they’ll obviously impose rationing of the cheap rate usage.

I saw that, but on the Centrica webpage, where it seems to come with a few conditions