Overhead signs on M25

Why is nearside Lane closed when stranded Vehicle is in Offside Lane?
Why is Eastbound 40 mph due to Oversize Transport which runs then Westbound past on us Westbound
Why is Lane 2,3 and 4 closed when Highway Maintenance works at Hardshoulder?

just to keep u awake

Oh no. You’ll wake Biffo the clown who will come here and ask if you know how midas loops work and then not actually give the answer because he doesn’t really understand it himself. Then, when challenged, he’ll make a broad sweeping insult to all of us ‘truck steerers’ because he doesn’t know any other way to back down from an argument.

You know what Mucks, I read your post and I instantly thought of about a thousand examples of “got caught doing 49 in a 40, what do I do?” “Why do car drivers blah blah blah”, “I don’t get why people do wat wat wat?” “I can’t understand this system of duh duh duh” and then thought that us HATOs are highly trained and know exactly how our systems work yet some of you class drivers I come across don’t know half what you should and make loads of mistake you shouldn’t so I guess what I’m trying to say Is glass houses.

Mmm, to start, 6 weeks, 2 office based, 2 on an airfield, 2 on the road, 18 shifts observed by qualified assessor or ex Trafpol after, 3 monthly manager observed process, 6 monthly for 3 days qualified assessor observed and onward training/toolbox talks weekly versus a DCPC you can do the same one 5 times yet you STILL manage to not understand the regulations, stop on the shoulder illegally, over drive, hit other people in front of you despite being 8 feet up, drop trailers, run under low bridges, not put trailer plates on, tailgate, blast your horn and wave your arms frantically when a car is holding you up for .8 of a second, drive under Red X’s, take our cones out FOR FUN leaving them scattered in the road for others to catch under their cars, do 56 in 50 roadworks with scant disregard for road workers, do 56 on a single carriageway and drive with your elbows whilst on the phone.

Not all of you are like this, you know that but many are so please, there’s bad eggs everywhere.

Big Jase:
Not all of you are like this, you know that but many are so please, there’s bad eggs everywhere.

To be fair that should really read ‘but SOME are’ :imp: there are thousands of good lorry drivers out there but these just go by about their business - but that wouldn’t make good forum reading would it? :unamused:

Big Jase:
You know what Mucks, I read your post and I instantly thought of about a thousand examples of “got caught doing 49 in a 40, what do I do?” “Why do car drivers blah blah blah”, “I don’t get why people do wat wat wat?” “I can’t understand this system of duh duh duh” and then thought that us HATOs are highly trained and know exactly how our systems work yet some of you class drivers I come across don’t know half what you should and make loads of mistake you shouldn’t so I guess what I’m trying to say Is glass houses.

& the answer to the ops questions is ■■?

Hato’s & politicians must go to the same school on How to NOT answer a question.

Ok boo, I can’t answer the question fully as I don’t know the instances but lets just have a think. Firstly, I have people who tell us they are on the hard shoulder but they’re actually in lane 1, so maybe the caller said they were in near side lane when they were not.

I’m unsure at the wide load as we don’t set signs for wide loads, it’s probably M1cks best pal Midas that sets signs. We don’t set a sign saying wife load ahead as, it moves.

The last one, again, little bit of thought, so lane 2,3 and 4 and closed yet the road workers are in the hard shoulder, so how do the workers get out into lane 4 to start coning? Just stop a 26 tonne truck in it or do you think they put their 800, 600 etc signs out first with protection if our signs then go out? Maybe!

Alte Hase, I’m sure you are massively over qualified to drive a lorry but lunatics and asylums? Really? A plane won’t fall out of the sky if I don’t put a cone out right, our training is adequate for what we need and with constant onward training, we keep our skill levels up. You might not think so but I know so.

The age old issue here is many of you DO NOT understand our systems and way if work, are not interested in learning them and hardly ever giving any thought. As an example, someone once said “why do the HA put up a sign telling me that it’s delays on the M1, I’m not going there” not once considering that perhaps other people around him may be.

I’ve asked many questions many times but no one seems to answer them, perhaps as they don’t know themselves.

At risk of going off topic and even though I’m just an average steering wheel attendant I will do my best to answer the OP with my guess’s:

Immigrant:
Why is nearside Lane closed when stranded Vehicle is in Offside Lane?—To allow recovery and any emergency services to use nearside lane and hard shoulder to recover the vehicle.
Why is Eastbound 40 mph due to Oversize Transport which runs then Westbound past on us Westbound— To reduce the speed of traffic to allow for the rubberneckers who love a good look, or they have the wrong side due to human error.
Why is Lane 2,3 and 4 closed when Highway Maintenance works at Hardshoulder?----Possibly to allow for cones to be laid out later and you passed prior to this when everyone was getting ready for action (I’m using a very loose definition of the word ‘action’ here)

Big Jase:
Ok boo, I can’t answer the question fully as I don’t know the instances but lets just have a think. Firstly, I have people who tell us they are on the hard shoulder but they’re actually in lane 1, so maybe the caller said they were in near side lane when they were not.

I’m unsure at the wide load as we don’t set signs for wide loads, it’s probably M1cks best pal Midas that sets signs. We don’t set a sign saying wife load ahead as, it moves.

The last one, again, little bit of thought, so lane 2,3 and 4 and closed yet the road workers are in the hard shoulder, so how do the workers get out into lane 4 to start coning? Just stop a 26 tonne truck in it or do you think they put their 800, 600 etc signs out first with protection if our signs then go out? Maybe!

Alte Hase, I’m sure you are massively over qualified to drive a lorry but lunatics and asylums? Really? A plane won’t fall out of the sky if I don’t put a cone out right, our training is adequate for what we need and with constant onward training, we keep our skill levels up. You might not think so but I know so.

The age old issue here is many of you DO NOT understand our systems and way if work, are not interested in learning them and hardly ever giving any thought. As an example, someone once said “why do the HA put up a sign telling me that it’s delays on the M1, I’m not going there” not once considering that perhaps other people around him may be.

I’ve asked many questions many times but no one seems to answer them, perhaps as they don’t know themselves.

Alte Hase actually said his qualification where mainly in aerospace.

If I look on the HA website there is a contact us section but nothing anywhere that would help me to understand how your systems work or why you do things the way you do. Maybe a lot of people wouldn’t give a ■■■■ anyway but for those of us who would like to know maybe that would be a good place to put it. Maybe also answering questions posed by people on professional forums.

I know exactly where his qualifications came from, I took it he was suggesting that our training wasn’t as adequate as his but it doesn’t need to be as we don’t fly planes.

I, and Biffo, speedy guy and others answer questions all the time. The trouble is on this professional forum, 1, people prefer to ■■■■■ about something rather than ask a question like a professional and 2. Most don’t want to hear our answers anyway or plain don’t believe them. Funny how all us TO’s have the same answers though, because it’s the truth.

Whilst people continue to come on here and get their hair off at us trying to help the travelling public, I will continue to raise just how bad some drivers are.

We have too many ways of working to our it on a website for public viewing but if you want to know a reason why we do a certain thing then ask, and accept the answer and move forward.

Maybe a reasonable response to immigrants questions rather than what the thread became? You didn’t need to bite at the digs at your training.

I think you will notice my response was to M1ucks, it turned the way it did as he is, if I remember correctly, coming in as soon as Midas is mentioned. I think you’ll also find he had a dig at Biffo so to be fair, maybe he didn’t have to dig at an individual in the first instance!

Big Jase:
I think you will notice my response was to M1ucks, it turned the way it did as he is, if I remember correctly, coming in as soon as Midas is mentioned. I think you’ll also find he had a dig at Biffo so to be fair, maybe he didn’t have to dig at an individual in the first instance!

I think you will notice that this thread started with questions that you should easily be able to answer but as usual descended into ■■■ for tat that serves no purpose.

Interesting how you defend ‘Biffo’ as for some time I have thought you where the same person.

Perhaps taking the high ground once in a while might help these threads not descend into silly squabbles, when lets face it not many folk in the UK has actually seen a HATO at work. :wink:

Just kiddin :slight_smile:

Big Jase:

Have you read my other post on the M6 closure yet? My responses have all been scripted due to Biffo starting making stupid statements about drivers. In fact, I even went as far as saying at least you post with a bit of sensibility. Maybe you want to look it up - if you use my username it’s M1cks not Mucks of M1ucks. I’m not going to get in a ■■■ for tat argument as I’ve made all the points I have to make.

To save you the trouble of looking it up, here’s what was written.

And you wonder why HATO’S get treated with contempt by so many drivers?
I’d rather hear Big Jase’s opinion on this. At least he can construct a sentence and get his point across without resorting to insults. As you clearly have such disdain for us maybe you should leave and go and join the HATO forums where you and your like minded buddies can slag all HGV drivers off.
To Big Jase and any other HATO’S who use trucknet and have worthwhile input - sorry for my generalisation of you but Biffo seems to think that ALL ‘truck steerers’ are the same so it must be a two way thing right?

I had not read the thread I’m afraid and am honored that you had said what you had said. I did not know there was another issue going on between you and Biffo, had I known, I am sure my post on this thread would have been slightly more refrained. Thats the trouble with forums I guess, if you miss something, it all gets taken out of proportion. I will take a quick look at the thread.

WOW, I see what you mean and I understand now. I take back what I said. I am certainly not Biffo coming from the East and it sounds like he is North. Just to add, there were no signs incorrectly set on the 25 this morning however National Express felt it ok to pass South Mimms in lane 4. See, it aint just LGV drivers.