Over weight trucks

We get fined and hauled up for coffee and biscuits with the Traffic commisioner,for being too heavy,but how many of you out there saw all the cars that were over weight over the holiday period,some axles were only inches above the tarmac,looked like they had a full load of bricks in the boot.
In France,the Gendarmarie do random spot checks when the Muslim community go home to North Africa,and some have all their household on the roof of their car or van,i have seen the kitchen sink,old tyres,old bikes,that they may be selling when they get there.
The French have mobile weigh bridges,like a pressure mat,to weigh the offending vehicles,i cant see the UK Police adopting the same policy of nicking Brian and Jane,on the way to Aunty Mildred in Clacton.Did you hear the radio listeners making huge distances,hope they had adequate rest breaks.

No WAY! You mean car drivers are able to get away with things like this, bu truck drivers get hammered all the time?

never!

Same old same old if you ask me. One rule for us and another for every one else.

You should see my car when we go to France the front wheels are off the ground at times I’m sure, but never been stopped and It’s 950 miles to get to our destination.

Caravans seem to have an elephant in the back too. :smiley:

toby1234abc:

Dude, I’d never last to midnight if I’d starter already.

Its because there’s more money to be had nailing trucks and the firms that own them! Its that simple!
The other thing that bugs me is defective lights. Ive only a 12 minute, 5 mile drive to work in my car and i see atleast 2 cars with defective lights in that short time on the road. And theres me worrying about a side marker (LED) that wont work on the truck :unamused:
The authorities also seem to turn a blind eye to cars with defective lights as far as im concerned, theres ■■■■■■■ loads of em :angry:

And car drivers with just side lights on when it is dark.Seems to be black and silver cars that do this.

toby1234abc:

If they’re Muslims going back to Africa, the caravans usually have camels not elephants. :wink:

A friend of mine got pulled by the Gendarmes in southern France when he moved out to Spain and had a sprinter van full…they seemed quite annoyed that he wasn’t over weight by all accounts.

Never been done for it in England but have had to attend court in New York state for being about 4 and a half tons over…and yes the fine was quite large, though it was cut in half by virtue of the fact I pleaded not guilty, which meant I had to attend court and then enter a plea bargain with the district attourney.

I had to stand up in public court and make my case alongside all the DUI’s and domestic abuse cases…I felt like I was staring in an episode of Law & Order!

bald bloke:
You should see my car when we go to France the front wheels are off the ground at times I’m sure, but never been stopped and It’s 950 miles to get to our destination.

You did better than me mate. I got pulled on the M25 a few years back by the Kent coppers on my way back from a “booze cruise” in a Volvo estate. They made me follow them to the weighbridge where they seemed a bit disappointed to find I was 170kg under. They were in the inside lane doing about 50 when I overtook them. I wonder whether they sussed out the drink in the back as I went by, maybe if I’d been overweight, they’d have been kind enough to let me leave some booze behind and go on my way! :smiley:
Bernard

They hauled you before the traffic commisioner!
I’ve been stopped a couple of times overweight…on one occasion I still over on the front axle after unloading because of the weight of the hiab…but I digress,been stopped but never got hauled in front of God though,was you a lot overweight or was it not the first time?
I hasten to add I’m not having a dig or being judgemental as it can and does happen to anyone,just surprised.

Edited to say:Ahhhhhh,you’ve not ‘got’ called up,your saying we can get hauled up…My bad.

I totally agree. You see them everywhere. Big fat truckers munching burger kings wearing tracky bottoms and sleavless T-shirts with their belly resting on the steering wheel. Creates a bad image for us all.

bald bloke:

Try putting a Great Dane in the boot of a KIA Sportage then driving over the North Yorks Moors… I swear you see nothing but the sky from Guisborough to Pickering! :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Lucy:

bald bloke:

Try putting a Great Dane in the boot of a KIA Sportage then driving over the North Yorks Moors… I swear you see nothing but the sky from Guisborough to Pickering! :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Nice one centurion, like it like it :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:
ps, i bet you didn’t attempt sutton bank :open_mouth:

Buford T Justice:
No WAY! You mean car drivers are able to get away with things like this, bu truck drivers get hammered all the time?

never!

Same old same old if you ask me. One rule for us and another for every one else.

anyone speaks German here to translate the Story?

news.at/articles/1137/15/306 … aenen-auto

Unglaubliche 23 Personen verließen bei einer Polizeikontrolle am Samstag einen für fünf Personen zugelassenen Kleinbus. Das Fahrzeug war den Beamten der Autobahnpolizei gegen 13.30 Uhr wegen offensichtlicher Überfüllung aufgefallen, so ein Polizist. Kurz vor der Anhaltung kam es noch zu einem Defekt an einem Hinterreifen. Auf dem Pannenstreifen stiegen dann zwölf Erwachsene und elf Kinder aus dem Wagen, hieß es.

gunnerheskey:

Lucy:

bald bloke:

Nice one centurion, like it like it :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:
ps, i bet you didn’t attempt sutton bank :open_mouth:

No, but it’s a regular run I do out to my best friends’ place near Malton, and it involves both Birk Brow and Blue Bank. :wink: