Over to Belfast

As a newbie to driving out of the UK I’m wondering what I will need to take with me if going over to Belfast?

Also anyone experience going over there can you tell me if it’s safe to do so now? After all the commotion over there I’ve heard 1 or 2 horror stories from UK truckers getting a unwelcoming response from the Irish

Thanks

Wont say "total ballcocks",truckerads,but Im sure some of them were just the usual tall stories from drivers.
Thats not to say there havent been issues before. Belfast/Northern Ireland/Ireland is just like any other city or country. The vast vast majority of people on both sides of the political/religious divide couldnt give a toss what you are,or who,if anybody you worship.
Park in safe places,cos the scrotes that might be tempted to do you harm,would be the same type that would do it to you if you were in Manchester,or London or Paris or Munich.A yellow (or white) number plate would make no difference to them.
Treat anyone with the same respect,youd like to be treated with,when tipping or loading. Dont go looking for trouble.Most likely won`t come looking for you.
Have a safe and pleasant trip.

You’ll need to take nothing. Belfast is still the UK.
There are no snipers waiting to shoot at UK reg trucks don’t worry.
Just don’t hold up the boat catchers on the way to the port or you may indeed get an unwelcome response.

Lol usual RDC crap you will have no bother over in N.I. but with everywhere if you are a ■■■■■■■■ then expect a kicking no different to any where else in that aspect.

That’s a relief suppose I let one or two maybe three or four bullshitters get in my head, Il be going over from cainryan thanks for the response

whiplash:
Treat anyone with the same respect,youd like to be treated with,when tipping or loading. Dont go looking for trouble.Most likely won`t come looking for you.
Have a safe and pleasant trip.

^^^
This

It amazes me that some drivers seem to go out of their way to annoy people they meet, then get offended when they get treated like [ZB] in return.

I was over last just before Christmas, same crossing as you .
Keep out of the way of the flyers on the road , some take stupid risks .
The ferries are nothing special , just the usual , the crossing does get a bit lumpy !
The locals in Belfast are friendly almost nosey , they are usually helpful .
If you are staying over I can recommend the first services on the M1 going south , about 15 mins out of the city , unlike the UK they are free !! Including free WIFI that actually works and a free shower .
Treat others with respect and they will look after you .
I was quite regularly at Bombardier next to the Titanic dock and a couple of exhibition halls next to the river .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, all advice has been given already, its a wonderful place, people very friendly and helpful if you that wa inclined yourself, treat them like idiots, they will show you who the idiot is…have a good trip mate.

Thanks drives!

I’m not the troublesome type so I’m expecting no issues there, actually looking forward to it now

I will be staying over the tip on where to stay has helped much appreciated

Adam.

The only advice I can give is ;

leave room for a "proper " breakfast after your evening " meal " f’king brilliant lot :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I used to cross from cairnryan to larne and do Belfast,Bangor,ballymena,omagh never had any bother but I was delivering to council yards so I’d overnight in them,found Northern Ireland a lot more laid back than the south,having said that I was mostly in and around Dublin in the south

TruckerAds:
As a newbie to driving out of the UK I’m wondering what I will need to take with me if going over to Belfast?

Also anyone experience going over there can you tell me if it’s safe to do so now? After all the commotion over there I’ve heard 1 or 2 horror stories from UK truckers getting a unwelcoming response from the Irish

Thanks

As a uk driver you will get a better welcome in n/Ireland than a uk driver in France and other parts of Europe

Learn the words to this, it might come in handy!

youtube.com/watch?v=cTouKoOV80g

TruckerAds:

Thanks

For goodness sake, where have you been for the last 15 years or more?? Been going over regularly for over 15 years, Scottish plates on, and never a problem.

Even was over in the past, at the height of the troubles, and the biggest issue was getting through the security at Larne. Had one issue, in the dark, with the Army, but was just a security check, where you been, where you going.

The North is part of the UK, for goodness sake!!

The bollox thats spouted in crew rooms to spook new drivers

It’s the same as anywhere else, if anything the loadies are a tad more polite, if you’re unsure of directions or unloading/loading procedures ask another driver.
Best advice is just to take it in your stride it’s just another day at work

Used to go over to the North as well as the South, Never any problems treat the people
as you would anywhere else in EU. Just don’t mention politics.

frenchflyer:
Used to go over to the North as well as the South, Never any problems treat the people

Or Religion :wink:

TruckerAds:

Thanks

Maybe your a bit behind with things but the ceasefires happened in 1994!!! :blush:

Grumpy Dad:

frenchflyer:

Or Religion :wink:

And whatever you do, don’t say that you think “Scania’s are over rated pieces of [zb]” :laughing:

Big Truck:

TruckerAds:

Thanks

Maybe your a bit behind with things but the ceasefires happened in 1994!!! :blush:

1994 was only the start of the ceasefire, the troubles continued through to 1998 and ceased under the Good Friday Agreement