Over drive time?

I know it’s on here somewhere but can’t find the specifics. Due to road closure, diversion and the usual clogged parking bays due to waggon’s waiting for RDCS miles from my drop
( nightshift ) etc, arrived at my drop and tachograph clicked to 4.32 hrs as I hit rest and abandoned the waggon taking 47 minutes break for first half of duty. Fine ? infringement ? warning ? Told it could be "within tolerance " but is that legal or company ? Any thoughts … not the obvious, I know it’s my fault and I’m more ■■■■■■ off with myself than anything else :frowning:

Screwball1:
I know it’s on here somewhere but can’t find the specifics. Due to road closure, diversion and the usual clogged parking bays due to waggon’s waiting for RDCS miles from my drop
( nightshift ) etc, arrived at my drop and tachograph clicked to 4.32 hrs as I hit rest and abandoned the waggon taking 47 minutes break for first half of duty. Fine ? infringement ? warning ? Told it could be "within tolerance " but is that legal or company ? Any thoughts … not the obvious, I know it’s my fault and I’m more ■■■■■■ off with myself than anything else :frowning:

A bit like doing 31mph in a 30 zone… Do a printout to prove you are aware of your sin, and write your apologies and excuses on it.
Do not loose any sleep, nor take out a bank loan to pay any fines.

Standard punishment for 2 minutes over the 4 hours 30 drive time is death by stoning. Any Kittens will be skinned alive then the story of how evil you are will be passed on to the Daily Mail along with a trite missive saying that this proves that the Government are doing their best to get killers off the roads. Dogs will be sold to the Chinese as food, your property will be sequestered and all proceeds will go to The State. Your wife (and daughters if you have any) will be sold into prostitution and any male off-spring will be sent down the mines where they will work until they die or, if too young to work, they will be fed - live - to the Big Cats at the nearest safari park in order to provide entertainment to the Upper Classes.

… or, you could go “Oh, c@ck”, and write a feeble excuse on the back of a print out then go back to sleep safe in the knowledge that, if anything happens, the smack on the hand you get – might smart for about 3 seconds or so.

:smiley: :smiley:

If it’s a one off no need to write anything. Up to 15 mins and you are good to go. Someone posted a link on here before with official DVSA guidance (think it was tacograph).

Win-Stone:
Standard punishment for 2 minutes over the 4 hours 30 drive time is death by stoning. Any Kittens will be skinned alive then the story of how evil you are will be passed on to the Daily Mail along with a trite missive saying that this proves that the Government are doing their best to get killers off the roads. Dogs will be sold to the Chinese as food, your property will be sequestered and all proceeds will go to The State. Your wife (and daughters if you have any) will be sold into prostitution and any male off-spring will be sent down the mines where they will work until they die or, if too young to work, they will be fed - live - to the Big Cats at the nearest safari park in order to provide entertainment to the Upper Classes.

… or, you could go “Oh, c@ck”, and write a feeble excuse on the back of a print out then go back to sleep safe in the knowledge that, if anything happens, the smack on the hand you get – might smart for about 3 seconds or so.

No 1 applies every time… :smiley:

Win-Stone:

Take no notice of these doom-mongers . If it’s your first offense it’s simply castrastion , unlucky if it’s your second offence

I got told that for every second over 4.30, VOSA increase the girth of the ■■■■ shafting stick by 1cm…

You might wanna keep some Vaseline in your truck ready.

Which would be the worst offence here?

Say it’s near end your shift you know you won’t have enough hours working or driving to get back. Despite being say 10 mins away.

1 just drive back anyway.

2 eject your card then drive back?

Yes in an ideal world you’d night out or get someone sent over to collect you and the truck.

edd1974:

Say it’s near end your shift you know you won’t have enough hours working or driving to get back. Despite being say 10 mins away.

Yes in an ideal world you’d night out or get someone sent over to collect you and the truck.

As long as no suitable and safe place to park and night out on the route back to depot, crack on, print out and explain on the back. You will need to prove there was no room at the layby or services you may have passed though. Never pop the card as that is falsifying a record and a super reaming from the Traffic commissioner and most companies have to account for any “lost” KMs over a certain amount (our mob are 2KMs)

Screwball1:

Mate, seriously, I’m assuming you’re new to the job,…but what do you think is the worst that can happen ffs, 2 mins over, just chill out and don’t bother your arse, the job aint THAT strict despite what they want you to believe.
If it makes you feel better do a print out,… but ‘‘■■■■■■ off with yourself’’ ?
Save that occasion for when something serious happens. :bulb:
I’m actually 2 mins over myself tonight, just got parked up, so I’ll see you at the gallows.

robroy:

Screwball1:

Mate, seriously, I’m assuming you’re new to the job,…but what do you think is the worst that can happen ffs, 2 mins over, just chill out and don’t bother your arse, the job aint THAT strict despite what they want you to believe.
If it makes you feel better do a print out,… but ‘‘■■■■■■ off with yourself’’ ?
Save that occasion for when something serious happens. :bulb:
I’m actually 2 mins over myself tonight, just got parked up, so I’ll see you at the gallows.

^^^^^^
This. As long as you don’t make a habit of it and you have ink in the pen you sign the company infringment nothing will happen. In reality what was the option you could have taken if the intended parking was occupied? Stop in a live lane?

Fuzrat:

edd1974:

As long as no suitable and safe place to park and night out on the route back to depot, crack on, print out and explain on the back. You will need to prove there was no room at the layby or services you may have passed though. Never pop the card as that is falsifying a record and a super reaming from the Traffic commissioner and most companies have to account for any “lost” KMs over a certain amount (our mob are 2KMs)

Exactly what happened to Dozy and thread when he took his card out and carried on.

That was a nice „tea&biscuits meeting“ with the Traffic Commissioner and he had to pay a fine. As far as I recall £300 or more.

To the OP:
If you go over your time > do 2x printouts (1 for you, 1 for the company> write on it whats happened and don’t worry about 2 minutes.

Be aware that diversions etc. can your screw your times over quite often on Nights. The office plans these runs on a computer in daytime conditions (not knowing about diversions, traffic, weather). You can only do what you can do [emoji6]

Otherwise make the Traffic Office aware that you need a 45 minute break before arrival at your destination and for legal reasons you won’t be on time.

I had an infringement today, 5:06 hours driving time. Nothing I could do about it, caused by a multi-vehicle collision on the M3. Had this not happened I could reasonably have expected to be stopping for a break after four hours driving.

Just did a print-out and wrote my sob story on the back.

I think my record is 7:15 hours driving time when a tanker overturned on the M25 and I was caught up in the aftermath.

Harry Monk:
I had an infringement today, 5:06 hours driving time. Nothing I could do about it, caused by a multi-vehicle collision on the M3. Had this not happened I could reasonably have expected to be stopping for a break after four hours driving.

Just did a print-out and wrote my sob story on the back.

I think my record is 7:15 hours driving time when a tanker overturned on the M25 and I was caught up in the aftermath.

Typical situation when your driving time starts running away but you’re getting nowhere…

That‘s why some drivers in Europe pull on the hardshoulder to have a 45 and sometimes get caught up when traffic clears. [emoji848]

Maybe not the safest practice and the hard shoulder is not designed for truckers to have a 45. I think you would get a heavy fine here for doing it.[emoji121][emoji2532]

Thanks to all, its nice to have a bit of common sense spoken when you panic a bit cos a member of the ‘tut tut tut’ brigade tries to wind you up “better look for another job mate” yep the ■■■ did say that incidentally, a traffic cop (said I was asking for a friend like ya do) said they give you up to 5 min over before giving you a nasty chinese burn

Screwball1:
Thanks to all, its nice to have a bit of common sense spoken when you panic a bit cos a member of the ‘tut tut tut’ brigade tries to wind you up “better look for another job mate” yep the ■■■ did say that incidentally, a traffic cop (said I was asking for a friend like ya do) said they give you up to 5 min over before giving you a nasty chinese burn

That is what the job has been reduced to though, knobs in offices who have never driven a truck in their lives, who think they know the theory of it all, with their ■■■■ trackers and infringement sheets feeding drivers a load of bullcrap to keep them under their total control.
So you get some drivers ■■■■ ing themselves for the most minor misdemeanour in driver hours rules, where as in reality there is always leeway and common sense DOES prevail as long as you don’t take the ■■■■.

robroy:

Screwball1:

That is what the job has been reduced to though, knobs in offices who have never driven a truck in their lives, who think they know the theory of it all, with their [zb] trackers and infringement sheets feeding drivers a load of bullcrap to keep them under their total control.
So you get some drivers [zb] ing themselves for the most minor misdemeanour in driver hours rules, where as in reality there is always leeway and common sense DOES prevail as long as you don’t take the ■■■■.

Well said [emoji4]

So i should be kacking my self driving 10hrs15 on friday.be ■■■■■■ if i was stopping 10 mins from yard

vonmax:
So i should be kacking my self driving 10hrs15 on friday.be [zb] if i was stopping 10 mins from yard

I should maybe be the last person to be saying something like this :smiley: ,…but.
They do take a very dim view of going over a 10.tbh. :bulb:
The max as you know is 9, and the 10 options are like a ‘.get out of jail free card’’ if you like, to get out of unforseen fixes, and consequently considered ‘‘absolute’’ maximum, (despite the many knobs among us who misunderstand it and look upon their 2x10s as a weekly target not a limit :unamused: )
Suppose like everything else, not done regularly and it should be ok.

Tipperdipper1:

robroy:

Screwball1:

That is what the job has been reduced to though, knobs in offices who have never driven a truck in their lives, who think they know the theory of it all, with their [zb] trackers and infringement sheets feeding drivers a load of bullcrap to keep them under their total control.
So you get some drivers [zb] ing themselves for the most minor misdemeanour in driver hours rules, where as in reality there is always leeway and common sense DOES prevail as long as you don’t take the ■■■■.

Well said [emoji4]

Seconded. Had a strange one last week, Siemens tacho started doing its normal countdown, but showed only 4 hours driving time. I know I was nowhere near a weekly or fortnightly driving limit, but it persisted and all the counters went to 0 00. Any idea what that’s about?