Over 31 degrees Government says go home

Bbc Radio Somerset on about new law if too hot go home as risk of fatality and danger to work mates making mistakes.
Farmers will plod on but for truckers it will not apply as we are secind class citizens and have no rights.Office staff off early.

I don’t know why people just aren’t honest, if the people of Somerset want to go down the beach then just say it instead of making up bollox about accidents at work.

Off the bbc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

Will,probably be blamed on climate change, lol.
Idiots.
Weather Warning
Wednesday 17th July 2013
A Level 2 Heat Health Watch is currently in place for the period between 1200 Monday 15th July and 2100 Wednesday 17th July for the West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, Southeast England and London areas.
High pressure will continue to dominate the weather this week leading to very warm or hot sunny conditions. temperatures are expected to reach close to heatwave thresholds across central, southern and eastern parts through the period with highs of 28 C expected widely and some places maybe creeping up to 30 C, particularly in southeastern areas.

may be for office staff all this ,but lorry driver must work up to 15 hours any weathers.

Not all trucks have air con or they do not work or need gassing up.
On the JV show somebody emailed from Dubai to say it is 46 and the Brits are moaning.
My cab was 40 when parked up.
Some countries like Greece park trucks up at lunch time as the tsrmac melts and tyre blow outs.
The house air con sellers are making a fortune.
If a driver does not sleep and crashes due to fatigue he gets the blame.

Now we know why the Country is ZBed.

I don’t mind working got my air con on and it’s cooler than at home

Andrejs:
lorry driver must work a min of 15 hours and have ■■■■ all rest any weathers.

fixed that for you…

Well seeing as i work for a farmer this rule most certainly wouldn’t apply to me and im not interested in it either, the air con in my cab works well.

Andrejs:
may be for office staff all this ,but lorry driver must work up to 15 hours any weathers.

Yes, then sleep in his cap in a rat infested layby after having a strip wash. :unamused:

This must be like when the police say ‘Due to the 80mph winds ,with the 4 months of rainfall ,in 12 hrs,at -60 degrees…DO NOT TRAVEL’…at the same time ,a driver is getting his paperwork ,and is told ‘oh…its a double deck trailer today’

imageshack.us/a/img35/8169/shf2.jpg

On my way home then apparently.

kjw21:
ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

On my way home then apparently.

Mine said 35 sitting in the sun yesterday, do I get a day off in lieu? My living trailer topped 42c the other Sunday so I think I’m better off being at work, at least I’m being paid to be uncomfortable :slight_smile:

1" of snow soon :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: please go home! :sunglasses: FFS :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Bbc Radio Somerset on about new law if too hot go home as risk of fatality and danger to work mates making mistakes.
Farmers will plod on but for truckers it will not apply as we are secind class citizens and have no rights.Office staff off early.

but Stobart spotters still on duty in any weathers.today see near Rugby truckstop 2 men still on duty

Health & Safety state:There is a lower temperature limit that Offices must maintain heating above,however there is no upper temperature limit

Southampton this afternoon, in a concrete yard facing the fireball.

My air con is good but it can only just keep up with that.

uploadfromtaptalk1374163435882.jpg

I struggled to sleep today as it was so warm :blush: . Normally I can sleep fine when it’s tropical

Down here in Tenerife were too having hotter than the normal temps at the mo, up in the top 30s!! the norm here is 26-28 in summer, 21-25 in winter :grimacing: . I have no air con in my truck over here! and yes inside can get up to 45-48 but its just a case of open windows on the autopista cools you down :smiley:…Don’t worry cause you ll be back to normal soon with rain and the cold make the most of it while you’ve got it! :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Honestly, has anyone ever been sent home from work or school because it was too hot? Maybe the councils send people home because they are terrified of bad publicity/legal action, but other than council workers has anyone ever been sent home from work because it was too hot?

And if you WERE sent home … were you PAID for it?

toby1234abc:

I’m sure the chaps that operate the 1800 degree C , arc furnace at Sheffield Forgemasters find that highly amusing.