outback truckers

Anybody caught the new series on quest? Its not as over hyped as some shows , I find some of the wagons impressive , saw lasts night episode with the fuel tanker driver who spent two days looking for & getting to a mining outpost in the desert , on dirt tracks , no sat nav or phone signal in an area the size of Wales…

Episode is repeated on quest on Sunday night at 7 pm …

I saw it the other day and have the upmost respect for those guys/girls. The things they have to go through and the miles they have to drive just to make a delivery is astonishing. If anything goes wrong you have either had it or you gotta sort it yourself. And having to use a satelite phone says it all really regarding contact with the outside world. I think that steve graham guy is one hell of a bloke tho. When i watched the first series he went thro hell to deliver his loads, to tje the point of killing his engine, yet he’s still going, with the same work horse albeit with a new engine. These are real men/women with real trucks delivering to the most hospitable desolate places on earth. Ice road truckers is a joke compared to this show…

One of the best ‘blog’ type websites I ever read was all about a recovery driver working the outback. I liked it 'cos it told the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth. Not some romanticised / fictitious version that panders to the whim of its target audience.

If you think trucking in Oz is glamorous then explain to me why the roo bars are sooo sturdy in the parts of Oz that have no roo’s ?

Yah ur ok at that a week s water would be too long I guess

http://couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=13548

both season 1 and 2, and also mega trucker’s ^^^^^^

tennantjon:
These are real men/women with real trucks delivering to the most hospitable desolate places on earth. Ice road truckers is a joke compared to this show…

Whats the difference between covering vast miles out in the desert wilderness & covering vast miles out in the cold wilderness?

In both instances your on your own with no mobile coverage miles from anywhere in a deadly environment. IRT might be an overproduced show, but I have the upmost respect for what they do out there driving over frozen lakes etc. putting their lives on the line.

rob22888:

tennantjon:
These are real men/women with real trucks delivering to the most hospitable desolate places on earth. Ice road truckers is a joke compared to this show…

Whats the difference between covering vast miles out in the desert wilderness & covering vast miles out in the cold wilderness?

In both instances your on your own with no mobile coverage miles from anywhere in a deadly environment. IRT might be an overproduced show, but I have the upmost respect for what they do out there driving over frozen lakes etc. putting their lives on the line.

IRT is a joke nowadays , in truth they run in convoy so many minutes apart , never on their own out on the ice and with OBC communication at very least . Never looks that way on TV does it ?
Used to enjoy the Outback series ,Steve Graham is a legend , but I’ve tried 3 episodes of S2 and it’s all life and death situations akin to the IRT rubbish . Makes good viewing stats I suppose . Here’s hoping John Kelly and the Mega Truckers doesn’t go down the same route .
Lisa Kelly has lost any respect after selling out and advertising/promoting the California Air Resource Board (CARB) , state quango similar to the LEZ program .
On a more positive note it’s snowing here tonight :laughing: :laughing:

Steve Grahame having tea and scones with the farmers wife,while waiting for the road or track to dry out.
Then it rained,so delayed him again.The man is a legend.
No elf n safety balloney out there.Flip flops rule.