Out with the old...

It was a sad day when moving my gear out of this…

25022011033.jpg

25022011034.jpg

Made a little happier by moving it straight into this…

04032011039.jpg

04032011042.jpg

04032011041.jpg

First thoughts are that it’s a lot better looking truck (I like four wheelers) and I like the cleaner look on the 105.

The 460/105 engine although new pulls a hell of a lot better than 480/95.

Inside it feels pretty much the same from the drivers seat but although it’s gained a flat floor DAF have reduced the locker space substantially.

There is plenty of ally to polish up which should keep me busy for the next few months…

All in all I’m chuffed to bits.

Cheers
Neilf

Chuffed to bits—so would I be,(lovely looking motor) post some more pics asap.

Nices looking truck’s mate that old one look’s in realy good nick

Some Pic’s taken while being prepped at Adams Morey Pompey.

Cheers
Neilf

Real nice looking motor that, I`d be over the moon with that myself :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

only a personal preference here, but i’d have rather stayed in the 55 plate.
think the 105 are a nice looking motor, but inside, and even with the engine hump, i much prefer the older xf, seems better layed out, and i prefer the blue, to the beige trim.
either way, both nice trucks.

This ones got the new trim colours which are darker dash and seats. I always liked the blue of the 95 but this is good too.

The lockers above the screen are much smaller and they’ve done away with the deep bin at the foot of the bed. Also the bunk is lowered a little reducing the height of the underbunk storage.

On the plus side the flat floor is great and the fridge is much bigger.

I’ve had this one for a couple of weeks now and I think it’s definately a better cab overall.

Cheers
Neilf

whats the job about ■■

looks great, i do miss the older lockers, and as ours are poverty spec we dont have the built in spots, but you still lose the room inside the locker with the bowls for them

With a hint of the summer coming I’ve started to polish the tank this week.

1. How it came from DAF

1. Firstly I cleaned off the protective coating with soap impregnated brillo pads. The panel with the fuel sender has been cleaned although it only needs a quick rub, nothing to vigourous.

1. Then It got a polish with some peek. From the right the panels are 1st polish, cleaned and as from DAF.

It took a good couple of hours to do half the tank.

I did the other half the following day and I don’t think it looks too bad for a 1st polish.

22032011062.jpg

It’s going to take a good few polishes to get it where I want it but you’ve got to start somewhere. I gave it a second polish yesterday with some Meguiars and it’s an improvement but the other tank in the photo is to the point where it’s like looking in the mirror.

Cheers
Neilf

Nice photos mate. Your tank looks very good. That 1 on the other truck looks awesome! You gonna put some wheel rims on the front?

looks the mutts knuts there neilf, did i eyeball you at about 0100 ish on the north circular saturday morning? or possibly one of yours?

Yeah i pulled up behind one of these at reading services eastbound 2 weeks ago, look really smart. Good effort with the tank too! :sunglasses: