Out to Lowestoft

Hi Folks

Being on a “short” week my company have decided to send me out to Lowestoft. I’ve only been there once before and as I was a passenger I think I slept most the way!

I’ve had a look at Autoroute, which, incidentally, suggests I take A14 to Ipswich, then the A12 up to Lowestoft. However, there is another which is at Bury St Edmunds I take the A143.

I’d be driving a 7.5t and don’t have to be there until 1030am. I figured on leaving 4.5 hours to get there which should be OK :slight_smile:

Reccomendations? Advice? The 143 looks direct, but the A14 / A12 is on Dual Carriageways.

TIA

A14/A12 anyday :smiley: i live down the road in great yarmouth

where u coming from

PMAC:
where u coming from

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I was waiting for someone to ask that question!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

M6, bottom end :slight_smile: The corner of Warwickshire and West Midlands! Wow! An 80 minute response time! Once again TruckNetUK has excelled itself!

Don’t think I’ve been to Great Yarmouth ever actually… One day I’ll get there :slight_smile:

I shall go with your suggestion for another reason as well. The software I use to upload the route to the GPS went fubar today and trashed itself royally, and as I haven’t yet got my mits on a map of the area, I’ll just stick the basic waypoint in of the site and go from there…

I know the majority of the A14 is a dual carriageway, and hope that the A12 is as well. I know the truck I’m in is rather old and slow - well, it’s a P reg that takes a while (longer than a HGV1) to get to 60mph… And then there are the hills…

Of course, the other thing is it’s apparently a wee bit flat out there in Norfolk/Suffolk way… Sooner or later the GPS will tell me I am am “minus under sea level” :slight_smile:

Cheers and thanks :slight_smile:

Well, I made it.

Kind of.

Got to the yard this morning at 6am to find the allocate truck missing. Ahh, drat, I’ll have to take the brand new truck instead. Shame that innit. I did try calling the “on call” manager but they didnt answer the phone, and only got back to me 2 hours later…

Anyway, trundled out there. Got stuck in the traffic for Suffolk Show and ooh, that’s a nice bridge at Ipswich. Can see for miles :slight_smile:

Didn’t actually reach Lowestoft :frowning:

30 miles away and due for 11 so at 1045 called customer and notified would be delayed due to traffic. Seems the delivery was cancelled last night with another branch of the firm. Never mind, turn around and go back. Manager uttered a few blue words when told. 4.5 Hrs out and 4h back. Pretty good going I’d say.

On a completely different topic I passed a Ford ■■■■■■ that had a small camera on the back. It was mounted on the upper boot lid, and it swivelled to follow me… I thought I’d mis-seen it at the time, but eventually got them to overtake me and I watched this little thing “track” every vehicle that past!

Hmm. Lovely and warm, sunglasses weather listening to Oakenfold on the A14 all day :slight_smile:

Nottingham tomorrow. It’ll probably rain :frowning:

Just for future refence, the 143 would almost double the time taken from Bury to Lowestoft.
It makes a nice country run, but its not the best route to any where.