Out of scope

Hi guys
In our yard at work we have tractor units and trailers which need to be moved around the yard/ wash bay and workshop. When doing these moves should we be putting the vehicles(tractor units) out of scope? Also is there any reason why we would out of scope outside the yard, on the public highway?

Could anyone advise me on this

Kind regards
Duncan

Thefunkster:
Hi guys
In our yard at work we have tractor units and trailers which need to be moved around the yard/ wash bay and workshop. When doing these moves should we be putting the vehicles(tractor units) out of scope? Also is there any reason why we would out of scope outside the yard, on the public highway?

Could anyone advise me on this

Kind regards
Duncan

Moving vehicles around the yard is commonplace and the company will have to allocate the missing mileage on whatever tacho software they use. As long as the missing mileage is allocated it won’t be an issue.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Out of scope use on public roads is normally workshop type stuff, road tests and that kind of thing.

toonsy:
Out of scope use on public roads is normally workshop type stuff, road tests and that kind of thing.

And when driving under domestic rules.
To OP wouldn’t even bother changing mode in the yard to move a unit.

Out of scope will still usually require the card in or it’ll flash the “no card” message and record as such in the head, so no advantage to just driving it round the yard without a card.

Essentially unless your TM tells you that you can use out of scope (eg, you drive a bin wagon) then don’t do it as it’ll just attract more unwanted attention if the head is downloaded.