out of scope driving

Is it legal to unhitch trailer and go bobtail to shops/takeaway without card in or out of scope? sometime when i park up in a lay-by etc i have no food etc.

HGV-Mike:
Is it legal to unhitch trailer and go bobtail to shops/takeaway without card in or out of scope? sometime when i park up in a lay-by etc i have no food etc.

Yes it is illegal

Any LGV with a GVW over 7.5 tonnes cannot be used under the private use exemption

so if your in a 7.5t you can run to the chippy on your break ■■ what do you do , make a note on the back of your print out ? . surely this is wide open to abuse :confused:

syramax:
so if your in a 7.5t you can run to the chippy on your break ■■ what do you do , make a note on the back of your print out ? . surely this is wide open to abuse :confused:

If in a 7.5 tonner you could use it privately on rest but you would need to mark it as out of scope and do a manual explanation to satisfy the authorities

The authorities would be looking to see if any of the private use driving was to gain a commercial advantage

Parking up and doing the correct finish to the working shift followed by going to the chippy and back to where the shift was ended would not be to gain any commercial advantage

thanks for that rog :smiley: