Out of scope driving

Hi people, Can anyone make this clear for me. I have recently started work as a recovery driver and the tacho gets put into " Out of scope " since we operate in a 60 mile radius of the base. I was told we can drive as long as we want, but have to abide by the working time directive, and need to take a 15 minute break before 6 hours is up, I was also told we need to take a 45 minute break also. I have looked online for a definitive answer, even on Gov.uk but can not find any clear answer. I have a class 2 licence for my truck. Anyone out there know the rules ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Andy.

avrouk.com/images/ul/guide- … ations.pdf

Pages 11-14.

Not my area of expertise but it seems you drop onto GB domestic hours rules.

gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules

And here’s a clearer explanation of GB domestic rules.

And finally a cut and paste of how to use WTD breaks -

If you are to work between 6 – 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break across your shift.

You can do this by taking periods of breaks at least 15 minutes in length or a full 30 minutes of break all at once. Just remember to not work more than 6 consecutive hours without a break of at least 15 minutes.

If you continue to work up until you exceed 9 hours of WTD, then you must take a further 15 minute break. So 45 minutes of break across the shift in total. Again, this can be taken in periods of at least 15 minutes or more, or all at once .