Out of product!

In sharp contrast to my previous two weeks, it’s thursday moring here and I am sitting in my living room after delivering Ben & Jerry’s.
11.00pm sunday I headed down to NYC to preload a tanker for some geezer, then load my own and go, 4.00am I get the first tanker under the pipes and loded by 05.00am, then hook to the next one (mine) and get it washed out, I take it down to the loading bay and back under the pipe and the loader grins and say’s something I have never heard in the 5 years I have worked there “Out of sugar Pat”
I just grinned and thinking he was joking went to the cabm turned on the TV and dozed off … 12 hours later another loader tells me I am now loaded. I actually booked 10 hours in the sleeper. Having had the regulation time off I could still deliver Bordentown NJ although it would be about 10 hours late. I called dispatch and instead of the hurry back ASAP answer I got the take your time and spend the night there if you want. I did so and spent 13 hours in the Petro.
Got up and drove back to NYC and sat there all day because they had no sugar. Weds I get a series of preloads to do, 3 Bordentowns and a Ben & Jerry, I get the first one done then am told out of sugar again, meantime the driver for the second load arrives so I tell dispatch they can load their own when the sugar is available. The Ben & Jerry load orriginally set for a noon load was now a 3.00pm load so they told me log off and take a break to deliver that load when I could, wouldn’t you believe it ! … once they had the sugar the loading system broke down :laughing: :laughing:
I got loaded at 6.30 pm and delivered 340 miles later and 3 hours behind schedule. Week so far 2 deliveries and 14 hours of detention pay.

Knew it was too good to be true :frowning:

Gotta go to Albany tonight, get a service on the truck, then down to Newark, Delaware, 10 hours off, drop and hook for ben & Jerry’s sunday night delivery…

… and there’s a damm ice storm on the way :angry:

That trip was 745 miles round trip to pick up 1 load for sunday night at midnight. 3 hours in the workshop at Albany in which I booked 2 hours off duty, ran down to Elkton MD and 8 in the sleeper, over to our terminal for a clean tanker which as expected wasn’t clean so a 1 hour wait was called for so they could wash it, that set me back and ruined my chance of getting home without another 2 hours off. Up to Bridgport NJ for my drop and hook to the oldest crappiest tanker they could load, I managed to get to the Pilot at Newurgh NY for fuel and with only 2 hours, 30 minutes left I had to stop for that dreaded 2 extra hours to extend the time. got home at 9.45 pm which means 28 hours, 45 minutes to do the round trip including a 3 hour service.
Monday after the midnight tip i will run down to NYC, have 10 off then run to Buffalo NY for tuesday tip.