Out of Hospital

Well,I am finally home after a week under the care of St Trudo Hospital,Sint-Truiden,Belgium.
I went in on 7/12 ready for a partial knee replacement first thing Thursday 8/12.

For two and a half days I was confined to bed,with tubes going in and out from various places,then Sunday I was allowed out of bed to start physio,only I nearly passed out in the bathroom and was sent back to bed.So,I had physio every day,learnt to walk using crutches (much more street cred than the Zimmer frame) and finally came home Thursday afternoon.
I will be having physio every day for the next 2 months,I will have the stitches/staples out a week today and then 3-4 days after that I can take a shower :smiley:
It’s gonna be 3 months before I am fit again for work.

I cannot praise the Hospital staff enough,there was nothing that was too much trouble and the nurses were extremely caring and polite.I had a room to myself (supplement of €40-day,but the health insurance picks that up) which was very comfortable with private bathroom,flatscreen tv and a nice view out the window to watch the young ladies every morning off to the tech-college across the road.

Oh! yes,and I had to pee in a plastic bottle at night because I wasn’t allowed out of bed at night.Just like being a truck driver really!
But I am glad I was unconcious when the tube was inserted up the old Jap’s eye into my bladder,that would have made me eyes water!

Get well soon Keith! No more jumping off trailers alright! :wink:

dessy:
Get well soon Keith! No more jumping off trailers alright! :wink:

Oh!,I haven’t been doing that for a few years now.

glad to hear yer on the mend…
going through same as yer self really… but i am too young to get the knee replacement…(only 42)…so wot they did to me was to insert a Titanium plate / rod and six screws.(worth more at the scrappys) on me lower knee. to take the load off the inside part of my knee…
the only problem is unlike the knee replacement where they are encouraging to put weight on it and walk on it within days , my op …is non weight bearing for six to eight weeks…which has been an absolute nightmare…
getting there now though been walking on it now for about two weeks … still very painful learning to walk again … will find out in January how soon i can get my right knee done … want it done ASAP… and then i can get back to work…

all the best mate…

speedy recovery

Oh! yes,and I had to pee in a plastic bottle at night because I wasn’t allowed out of bed at night.Just like being a truck driver really!

as long as you didnt leave the bottles under the bed or worse still on your bedside cabinet :smiley: :smiley:

HAIRYGORILLA:
speedy recovery

as long as you didn’t leave the bottles under the bed or worse still on your bedside cabinet :smiley: :smiley:

That is the worse bit about being in hospital, they do expect you to do that, the same table that your dinner is served on.

Hope the knee works ok KW

Wheel Nut:

HAIRYGORILLA:
speedy recovery

as long as you didn’t leave the bottles under the bed or worse still on your bedside cabinet :smiley: :smiley:

That is the worse bit about being in hospital, they do expect you to do that, the same table that your dinner is served on.

must be rough hospitals we use plates for our dinner in ull

taxi

HAIRYGORILLA:
as long as you didnt leave the bottles under the bed or worse still on your bedside cabinet :smiley: :smiley:

Of course not,I threw it out the window like a proper driver!

HAIRYGORILLA:

Wheel Nut:

HAIRYGORILLA:
speedy recovery

must be rough hospitals we use plates for our dinner in ull

taxi

This was in Hull, both at Castle Hill and Hull Royal :stuck_out_tongue: I never had it happen in BUPA on Westbourne Grove :wink:

Keith - Wishing you all the best for a fast recovery!
hope you get back to full health and get back on the road as soon as possible :wink:

Betz:
hope you get back to full health and get back on the road as soon as possible :wink:

Thank You very much Ben.

Betz:

Hope you have a good christmas & happy new year