Out of ADR since 2006

but i remember on tak you put in front and Rear a orange Plate with 1203 (The number before is other then used in EU Mainland so i dont mention it)
Benzin has 1303
If you have mixed Chambers Some Benzin and some Diesel,even if they are empty but not cleaned you have on Front and rear a Plain Orange Plate,and on the Site of each Chamber a Orange Sign,showing the Number of Product into that particular Chamber.
Now i came yesterday to a Tsco DC and a tank lorry was delivering fuel to them with 1303 signed out.
Mate,you bringing Benzin to tesco? No Diesel he said.
But isnt 1303 not Benzin? No its Petrol,he said.
Now if its Petrol,shaldnt you delivcr Diesel?
I have more then 3 Chambers Petrol had in it,he replied.
Now,i didnt go further,but i do not know of any such ADR Regulations.Maybe just Company Regulation the EU doesnt know yet. :question:

Most dedicated fuel tanks do not have multiple kemler boards as such, just a fuel specific board which slides between 1202 and 1203

Yes,you change the Number as needed,but Tsco goes a way i dont know.Havinf 1303 shown when Diesel is loaded :bulb:

Immigrant:
but i remember on tak you put in front and Rear a orange Plate with 1203 (The number before is other then used in EU Mainland so i dont mention it)

Hi Immigrant,

The UK and Europe now use the same UN numbers for most substances.

Immigrant:
Benzin has 1303

Sorry, that’s not correct. UN 1303 is VINYLIDENE CHLORIDE, STABILIZED, 3, PGI
OR… in German UN 1303 VINYLIDENCHLORID, STABILISIERT, 3, VGI

Whereas Benzin (Petrol) is UN 1203 PETROL, 3, PGII
OR… in German UN 1203 BENZIN, 3, VGII :wink:

Immigrant:
If you have mixed Chambers Some Benzin and some Diesel,even if they are empty but not cleaned you have on Front and rear a Plain Orange Plate,and on the Site of each Chamber a Orange Sign,showing the Number of Product into that particular Chamber.

If that were an international journey in scope of ADR, you’d be correct.
If that were a national journey in any of the ADR countries, you’d also be correct.

However, when it comes to tanker journeys in the UK, we do things differently and use our own ‘special’ system of marking.
(God save The Queen. :wink: )

For a job to come under UK rules, the following three conditions all apply:

1.) You collected the load at a UK address.
2.) You deliver the load to a UK address.
3.) That transport operation is carried by a UK registered vehicle.

If any one (or more) of those three conditions are not complied with (for any reason) then the ADR system must be used instead.
This way, there are NO gaps, and NO grey areas.

Immigrant:
Now i came yesterday to a Tsco DC and a tank lorry was delivering fuel to them with 1303 signed out.
Mate,you bringing Benzin to tesco? No Diesel he said.
But isnt 1303 not Benzin? No its Petrol,he said.
Now if its Petrol,shaldnt you delivcr Diesel?

He’s OK so far. :smiley:

Immigrant:
I have more then 3 Chambers Petrol had in it,he replied.

One chamber would be enough to require him to mark up as a full load of petrol under UK regs, no matter what other chambers had diesel in them. This idea also includes kerosene.

Immigrant:
Now,i didnt go further,but i do not know of any such ADR Regulations.

Here’s how it’s legal:

ADR 5.3.2.1.3 Bei Tankfahrzeugen oder Beförderungseinheiten mit einem oder mehreren Tanks, in denen Stoffe der UN Nummer 1202, 1203 oder 1223 oder Flugbenzin, das der UN-Nummer 1268 oder 1863 zugeordnet ist, aber keine anderen gefährlichen Stoffe befördert werden, müssen orangefarbenen Tafeln nicht angebracht werden, wenn auf den vorn und hinten angebrachten Tafeln die für den gefährlichsten beförderten Stoff, d.h. für den Stoff mit dem niedrigsten Flammpunkt, vorgeschriebene Nummer zur Kennzeichnung der Gefahr und UN-Nummer angegeben sind.

Immigrant:
Maybe just Company Regulation the EU doesnt know yet. :question:

No, it’s an ADR thing that we also do in a similar way in the UK, it’s just that our tanker signage is different.

Here are some pics of adjustable UK tanker markings, which you will quickly notice are nothing like ADR tanker markings:

This marking is for petrol (but he might well be also be carrying kerosene and/or diesel)

Petrol tanker marking [side1].JPG

Here’s how the signs adjust: (Click images to enlarge.)

UK Tanker marking 1203 1223.jpg

UK tanker marking 1202 1223.jpg

Wheel Nut:
Most dedicated fuel tanks do not have multiple kemler boards as such, just a fuel specific board which slides between 1202 and 1203

… and 1223 :wink:

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

Of course, but your picture shows what I was trying to explain, thank you.

Wheel Nut:

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

Of course, but your picture shows what I was trying to explain, thank you.

I’m wondering how Immigrant asked that question, cos he didn’t take that pic himself at a Tesco’s in the UK and I’m quite sure he’s already been here long enough to have noticed that we mark tankers quite differently to the way that they do on the European mainland. :wink: