Out dates tacho laws

Can anyone see point out the reason for adding on rest after 3 weeks,compensation,who thought of that i wonder,a man in Brussels?
I have the Dcpc,but still have to attend one,due to the firms wishes,a driver asked why as a car driver,and you break the law in your private car,that the LGV licence is at jeapordy.
The trainer replied with,if you are going to over load the boot of your car,you are going to do the same in a truck,if you speed in your car,you will speed in your lorry,so lose the car and Lgv licence,then it is tea and biscuits with the Bell sisters.
The trainer said a driver turned up to see Bev,and was wearing a tee shirt with a childs cartoon character on,Spongepants,and cut off jean shorts,he was told to leave her office,and dress correctly to her high standards for his hearing,and billed for wasting her time,and return another day.
All true above,honest Guvnor.

The regulations are as they are because they were almost certainly worked out by suits who have no real world working knowledge of road transport let alone any understanding of a drivers job.

For me it would be 12 off at night,time for eating,and commuting time,9 hours is not enough,but it is ok for trampers,as they are in the cab at night,no travel time to the truck to start the shift.
Each European country has a diiferent take on the laws,for example,the French prefer if you do not drive 4.30 hours without frequent stops,even though the law says you can.