out and about

just a couple of random photos from my travels.

this is me and my dinky toy at touch of class a collection in oldham

while i was sat there filling paperwork in (wasting time)i seen this poor git trying to get out of the estate opposite becuase some muppet parked his car in the way

coming back and stoke is a nightmare at the moment so i come back off a jnc 14 and go cross country fron stafford to uttoxeter. this is weston bank

jon

couple more

got the misses to take this one out of the back window iof the car :open_mouth:

mrs at tibshelf services

tidy merc at washington

jon

Great pics Jonboy, love the one of the Scania following you, looks like its Mike Ponsaby, who did have a nice Magnum. :sunglasses:

Keep them coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

your right mad it is micks he sold the magnum and bought that its an ex george green 530 6x2 and mick tells me he,s another on the way :laughing:

Sounds nice Carl, cheers :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Great pics Jonboy :smiley:

Great pics Jonboy, love the one of the Scania following you, looks like its Mike Ponsaby, who did have a nice Magnum.

it said something like " in memory of dave "on thre back of the cab.

jon

Good nice pics! :sunglasses:

some more from out and about this week

this is me at kings lynn. as you can see i have to reverse up close sideways on to the loading bay because otherwise i would block the road.

i seen this big volvo between kings lynn and wisbech

can anyone tell me what the hell this is.

seem while parked up at the little bistro on the a1. on my return today the m1 was stacked up from junction 36 all the way to junction33. this is the reason

next week

jon

NICE PICTURES; THE TRUCK YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT is the new tank transporter of the ARMY i belive and it is a oshkosh truck

look here–http://www.oshkoshtruck.com and go to DEFENSE AND THEN TO THE HET POINT ON THE LEFT this brings you to the page ,now look in the right hand corner,here is a vidieo clip ,

im sure thats one of them yank oshkosh tank transporters mate :laughing:

Wow just been looking through that Oshkosh website theirs some amazing vidoes on their but i just wonder if these things would be any better than the Bedford 4 wheel drives that the U.K. army has had since the dinosaurs first laid eggs :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And why does this truck have an axle up in the air?..

That rig looks like an Oshkosh “6x8” tank transport tractor and trailer, built for transporting the M1 Abrahms tank. This particular tank weighs some 60-70 tons. This sort of tractor, while larger than most and more powerful, is a common type used in the US for heavy transport by the military. Smaller ones are usually Freightliner “6x6” units, a few are “4x6”.

Good pics jon :smiley: I heard on the radio that a
truck caught fire and was in the traffic jam.
Was everyone ok :question:

I heard on the radio that a
truck caught fire and was in the traffic jam.
Was everyone ok

i haven’t seen anything about on the news/web. but seeing as they didn’t close it i think the driver had a lucky escape :smiley:

jon

some from this week
monday

seen these coming up the a34 from newbury towards oxford, must of been some show down south.

the second ones a foden and motored quite well until it hit a hill then dropped off.
the next one is a old iveco which absolutly flew past me on the m40 pulling a tip trailer

tuesday

trip to bangor so a couple from the wales coast just as the suns coming up.

and this top gear scanny at my collection point in stoke on trent

jon

sorry forgot to resize the first 2 :blush:

Nice Pics Jon :smiley:

Super pics, i like Top Gear Scania livery, nice cream colour!

Cheers Ben