Our of scope weeks

EU Hours and out of scope question.

I drive part time, and fitting hours in legally takes a lot a careful planning due to my full time hours.
I’m aware that my full time job counts as other work etc…

I understand that weeks, Mon - Sun that I don’t drive are out of scope of EU Regs.

The question is…

During this out of scope week, what happens to any compensatory rest that is due ?
Do you just start the next EU hours week having wiped the slate clean of this due rest or does it carry over, or something else ?
I assume that for it to be an out of scope week it has to be the fixed week M-S?

Looks like nobody wants to answer this one!!

I’m gonna say the compensatory rest is taken care of during the week you don’t come under EU rules. As you won’t need any records for this week and as far as DVSA are concerned no records equals rest then this makes sense.

I certainly couldn’t see anyone query this. There again I’ve just made my answer up based on common sense!

Sorry you haven’t had a reply before, I can’t speak for anyone else but I haven’t noticed the thread until now.

Technically compensation for a reduced weekly rest period has to be paid back en block by adding it onto a rest period of nine hours or more, assuming you don’t work 7 days in the weeks you’re out of scope of EU regulations your rest would usually cover the nine hours + the compensation required, so you’d generally start the following week with a clean slate.

As you say an out of scope week is Monday to Friday or midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday if you prefer.

A tacho analysis company will assume that non recorded weeks will have paid back any owing compensation but at a roadside check questions will be asked as to what you did during those weeks and your answers will determine what happens next

Well thats not very helpful !

If its out of scope surely its nothing to do with anyone ?

So what if I’ve been doing a normal day job for that week, what rules apply ?
Each day has a minimum of 14 hours between shifts, plus 24 hour off between 1 shift and 19 between another. It hardly compares with a decent driving week for amount of fatigue I would suffer.

Buffy500:

So what if I’ve been doing a normal day job for that week, what rules apply ?
Each day has a minimum of 14 hours between shifts, plus 24 hour off between 1 shift and 19 between another. It hardly compares with a decent driving week for amount of fatigue I would suffer.

The rules are made so that a driver is forced to take weekly rests in order not to be too tired

Buffy500:

In order for your employer(s) to monitor your hours for WTD compliance you need to be reporting what you’re doing to them. So its everything to do with someone.