Our friends from the east

peterm:

mrginge:
I’m parked up near Budapest for the weekend right now and my problem is the guys from Croatia and Serbia I’m playing pool with don’t follow Uk rules.

Now that’s a good reason to pull their pins, wind trailer brakes off and turn fridges off. How dare these johnny foreigners play be different rules to us British chaps.

In that case Peter we’re going to ban you off site.
Australian rules football? :open_mouth:
Wtf is that all about? :neutral_face:
:smiley:

villa:

UKtramp:

Andrejs:
show me any much better paid job now in UK.What can doing any typical drivers if he leave this role.

With the 3 to 4K it costs for a licence acquisition in this country Andrejs, there are better options to earn better.

I’m too old now , but if i had my time again , i would just do my class 2 and then do crane driving , my son is only 23 , only got cat c and earned 45 grand last year as a mobile crane driver for Ainscough ,if he has a night out or 2 they pay to put him up in a hotel and they pay expenses for a meal. He was lucky , he was already working there , doing a temporary planning job in the office when the manager asked him if had thought about driving a crane , Anyway to cut a long story short , i paid for the cat c training ,£800 , he passed test 1st time , then Ainscough paid for all the other training and licenses

ps , he won’t use a sat nav ,only uses google maps on the works phone

Crane driver it is not general haulage and really job to people with good or high IQ.It not simply delivery from A to B and back to base.It is good if 1 from 100 class 1 drivers stay for crane driver long time.Not so much drivers like do HIAB job.

In my ten-year long career of driving a lorry as a 34-year old eastern european, there has only been one instance, where I was mildly contemplating the idea of work in GB. At the time I only had my class 2 and there was this agency advertising for work in Manchester in my neck of the woods so I went in for an interview.

Alas, what they wanted was 6 months experience and when I had that under my belt, no interest had remained.

What I’m trying to say is that it’s not the cream of the crop who move a couple of thousand miles to work in the UK as a lorry driver. The capable ones sometimes don’t feel the urge…

robroy:

peterm:

mrginge:
I’m parked up near Budapest for the weekend right now and my problem is the guys from Croatia and Serbia I’m playing pool with don’t follow Uk rules.

Now that’s a good reason to pull their pins, wind trailer brakes off and turn fridges off. How dare these johnny foreigners play be different rules to us British chaps.

In that case Peter we’re going to ban you off site.
Australian rules football? :open_mouth:
Wtf is that all about? :neutral_face:
:smiley:

Banning’s one thing, but asking me to explain afl… leave it out. :slight_smile:

i am surprised muslims havent taken over the haulage industry yet ?
mind you there smarter they dont need to work silly hours to make money in this country. you never seen them having to use food banks thats for sure :smiley:

are there any British truck drivers left in this country ?

on a positive note i do hear a lot of eu drivers are going back home as the money is starting to creep up for them back home so who knows maybe if the pay goes up a lot in other eu countrys there might be a flood of english guys going over to there countries for work now that would be a laugh
you would soon see how much love they would have for the brits if brits went over in such high numbers as they have done here.

anyone remember the Aufwedersien pet days ? the Germans soon got the hump with all the English who flooded there lands and the cheeky buggers put there own workers first and made it dam impossible for the English to keep on going over there, even though the german bosses loved the British workforce ( as they were cheap compared to paying there own people )

funny how they were not classed as racist scum bags for putting a stop the mass migration of the English back then ?

desypete:
are there any British truck drivers left in this country ?

on a positive note i do hear a lot of eu drivers are going back home as the money is starting to creep up for them back home so who knows maybe if the pay goes up a lot in other eu countrys there might be a flood of english guys going over to there countries for work now that would be a laugh
you would soon see how much love they would have for the brits if brits went over in such high numbers as they have done here.

I agree 100% with this post, nothing whatsoever to do with racism, all these Germans waving their flags of immigrants welcome soon stopped when they realised the economic disaster it caused apart from the fact of the quality of immigrants that flooded in.

desypete:
i am surprised muslims havent taken over the haulage industry yet ?
mind you there smarter they dont need to work silly hours to make money in this country. you never seen them having to use food banks thats for sure :smiley:

, ?

Not enough cash for them, and snack cans don’t do Hallal bacon, then there’s the early finish for Friday prays.

UKtramp:
, all these Germans waving their flags of immigrants welcome soon stopped when they realised the economic disaster it caused apart from the fact of the quality of immigrants that flooded in.

I read a good one on Instagram the other day - "On Islamic mass immigration int Europe, no-one says, ’ I used to be worried, but now I’m not’…

The thing about the waves of last few years, is that Chairman Merkel invited them to Germany, and now the worlds poor (with a smattering of criminals and terrorists hidden amongst their midst) are flooding in exactly as requested, assisted ably by the ferry services provided by lunatic charities and some poorly ordered naval vessels to compliant mainly Italian ports, though Italy has to do as Germany dictates once again, and Greece due to being broke innit, funny how history repeats itself.
The Chairman and her cohorts, under the guise of the EU (read Germany) want other countries, who’s populations still strangely wish to thrive and survive, to commit national suicide like the Germans have themselves done, a superb example of where this leads is Swedish cities, cheerio the beautiful tolerant free land of Sweden.

Of course its not just the politicians fault, these pols didn’t just morph into traitors, they have always been like this, what is bemusing is how brainwashed the electorates of these countries (ours included) must be to vote time and again for more of the same, just watch how they re-elect Merkel once again, you really couldn’t make it up.
One can only assume that the electorates wish self destruction, for turkey like they insist on voting time and again for Christmas, we did it once again, as did the French, another nation bent on destroying itself.

Maybe this is Merkels WW3, they couldn’t quite destroy Europe the last two times, and this is her version, a human blitzkrieg designed to destroy the entire continent.

Juddian:
The thing about the waves of last few years, is that Chairman Merkel invited them to Germany, and now the worlds poor (with a smattering of criminals and terrorists hidden amongst their midst) are flooding in exactly as requested, assisted ably by the ferry services provided by lunatic charities and some poorly ordered naval vessels to compliant mainly Italian ports, though Italy has to do as Germany dictates once again, and Greece due to being broke innit, funny how history repeats itself.
The Chairman and her cohorts, under the guise of the EU (read Germany) want other countries, who’s populations still strangely wish to thrive and survive, to commit national suicide like the Germans have themselves done, a superb example of where this leads is Swedish cities, cheerio the beautiful tolerant free land of Sweden.

Of course its not just the politicians fault, these pols didn’t just morph into traitors, they have always been like this, what is bemusing is how brainwashed the electorates of these countries (ours included) must be to vote time and again for more of the same, just watch how they re-elect Merkel once again, you really couldn’t make it up.
One can only assume that the electorates wish self destruction, for turkey like they insist on voting time and again for Christmas, we did it once again, as did the French, another nation bent on destroying itself.

Maybe this is Merkels WW3, they couldn’t quite destroy Europe the last two times, and this is her version, a human blitzkrieg designed to destroy the entire continent.

at least i’m not the only one thinking that

The older generation of Germans still bear the guilt of WW2, they are terrified of being called racist because of this. Mother Merkel will most certainly be re elected to massage her ego. She does not care about the meltdown of Europe as she has no children of her own. The French election had to go the way it did otherwise all hell would have broken loose amongs’t all of the remaining member states. Rigged perhaps? Look at the streets of Paris and see if the average French person would vote for what they now have. Europe is doomed and there is no stopping the momentum of immigration and Muslim becoming the dominant culture. Has anyone recently seen Calais as this is the state Europe is about to become. Its already started, you only have to hear the brainwashed opinions expressed on here on how Brit drivers are ■■■■ and our EE friends are much better than us. Really? It would be interesting to see just how many actually believe our drivers are inferior to our EE fiends. Why are EE driving skills better than our own.

UKtramp:
Its already started, you only have to hear the brainwashed opinions expressed on here on how Brit drivers are [zb] and our EE friends are much better than us. Really? It would be interesting to see just how many actually believe our drivers are inferior to our EE fiends. Why are EE driving skills better than our own.

Maybe I’ve been guilty of sticking up for foreign drivers over SOME Brits, (AND I’ve got stick for it in the past) but my point is mainly in the context of those Brit drivers on here who usually shout the loudest about it, have difficulties finding their drops in their 100 mile radius jobs, where as the EE drivers have had to drive through God knows how many countries to find theirs, proving that they must have some level of initiative and nous after all. :bulb:
As for me being brainwashed…matter of opinion, but I reckon not. :smiley:

robroy:
EE drivers have had to drive through God knows how many countries to find theirs, proving that they must have some level of initiative and nous after all. :bulb:

Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, but by driving through different countries nowadays is a simple enough task with the likes of a satnav, I would dare say that most Brit drivers could equal that. It’s just interesting to hear others opinions on why some drivers think Brit drivers are somehow less professional than an average EE driver. I know lots of good British drivers and equally know some equally good EE drivers, I wouldn’t say the EE ones are actually better though just because they are from the EE region as some have expressed.

UKtramp:

robroy:
EE drivers have had to drive through God knows how many countries to find theirs, proving that they must have some level of initiative and nous after all. :bulb:

Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, but by driving through different countries nowadays is a simple enough task with the likes of a satnav, I would dare say that most Brit drivers could equal that. It’s just interesting to hear others opinions on why some drivers think Brit drivers are somehow less professional than an average EE driver. I know lots of good British drivers and equally know some equally good EE drivers, I wouldn’t say the EE ones are actually better though just because they are from the EE region as some have expressed.

Tbh mate, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone on here saying EE drivers are actually ‘‘better’’ …and even if they did it’s as much a generalising sweeping statement as said by those who say they are all crap.

mike68:
if I were to run my own trucks which I wouldn’t but if I did and I had the pick of all the drivers I know from all over Europe and beyond, the bulk of my drivers wouldn’t have English as their first language.

I was referring to comments like this one, it sort of implies that the majority of British drivers are not up to the European drivers. Not saying he hasn’t got a choice but what a shame that he hasn’t got any confidence in British drivers. I know plenty that I could safely say are good drivers. If all UK hauliers followed mike68 example it doesn’t look exactly good for us does it.

Some of us know where Mike68 works, i too have done supermarket work and had to work around too many Brit drivers that you wouldn’t pay in shirt buttons, the same goes for some EE licence holders who also shouldn’t be allowed within a mile of a lorry.

All nationalities have their share of idiots, as it happens i’ve noticed over recent years the Romanian drivers living here i’ve worked with have a good attitude, are polite and respectful to a degree i haven’t seen since my school days, take care and show competence, many of the Polish lads have a hard work ethic but some can be bolshy buggers too if things go awry.

I will always say what i believe and what i’ve observed, and i too have observed far too many Brit drivers who have no respect for the job, nor pride in their work, if they can’t be arsed and i was an employer then the Romanian lad who gives a toss is going to get the job ahead of some Brit lad who doesn’t give a toss.
Luckily i still work with some good Brit lads, old and young.

I agree Juddian, but I am concerned that the trend is shifting towards employing EE drivers over British drivers in Britain. Pay a British driver a decent rate and you will see a big improvement in his willingness and respect for the job. I think people are ■■■■■■ off with the job through pay and hours etc. You can’t expect too much enthusiasm on rates of £8.50 to £10 per hour. These rates are great for the EE drivers but as things get better in EE, I wouldn’t expect those drivers to stick around. Then what are we left with, a totally unenthusiastic moaning set of British drivers to fall back on. No because most of those will have left the game as well.

UKtramp:
I agree Juddian, but I am concerned that the trend is shifting towards employing EE drivers over British drivers in Britain. Pay a British driver a decent rate and you will see a big improvement in his willingness and respect for the job. I think people are ■■■■■■ off with the job through pay and hours etc. You can’t expect too much enthusiasm on rates of £8.50 to £10 per hour. These rates are great for the EE drivers but as things get better in EE, I wouldn’t expect those drivers to stick around. Then what are we left with, a totally unenthusiastic moaning set of British drivers to fall back on. No because most of those will have left the game as well.

I’ll agree with that, I’ve always been a ‘reap what you sow’ driver.
A firm I once worked for always showed their gratitude if you helped them out or went that extra mile on something, and they paid me well.
I reacted to this by being the model driver, and felt part of ‘The Team’

I now work for a firm that is all one sided, no give and all take, more of a ‘Them and us’ co than a ‘Team co’ penny pinching, and all the rest of it.
I do my job to the best of my abilities, because that is me, but I stop short at anything else.
The actual job it’s self suits me, so I stick at it, it’s just the co attitudes towards drivers and attitudes that ■■■■ me.

If firms like this realised this and reacted to it, they would get a lot more productive and grateful drivers.

Same here M8, if a firm treats me right, I always say “You can’t do enough for a good boss” I do my job well out of its just as I am, I won’t go any farther than job done well, a good firm well I go the extra mile.

UKtramp:
Same here M8, if a firm treats me right, I always say “You can’t do enough for a good boss” I do my job well out of its just as I am, I won’t go any farther than job done well, a good firm well I go the extra mile.

So why can these type of firms not see this.
One theory is because of all the ‘Yes men’ in the job, who will (and do) do anything no matter how much they are disrespected and treated like crap, so no need to eh? :unamused: