our debt

I look around the modern world and see the faceless that hide behind the blanket of religion, that hide their faces behind headdress and slaughter the innocent in the name of their gods.

I then see heroes of the past an 86 year old man marching with his comrades holding his head high, his face to the world, in his long red coat marching proud, marching true, marching with the memories of his fallen comrades and all those that have fallen in the fight for a free and safe world.

We will remember them

I thought it was going to be about the 1bn odd that we had to pay back from the topic name lol. We will remember them !!

In London atm will be at the Cenotaph tomorrow at 11am, been to the Tower today to see the poppies.

Jeff.

Nov’ the 9th and my missus and me seem to be the only buggers around here that’s bothered to get poppies !!! Not much I know, but at least we remember them.

My wagon wears its poppy with pride :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

my truck wears its poppy with pride as do I on my jumper. my father may have returned from the 2nd ww but he was not the same as when he went (navy). he never spoke of it either and my wifes father was the same until I said I was to catch the ferry from Immingham and he recalled being posted to a gun on the shingle spit the other side of the estuary until the d day landings when he went to france after his death last year (army) among his papers was a letter to me saying where he went and what he saw. although my father died when I was 12 and he was 45 (I was 60 on sat 26th ) only last june did I find his navy papers showing the ships he sailed on. so a trip to London to the poppies was very poignant to me and the wife.

Something like the faceless that authorise the bombs to fall on innocent civilians,start wars by lying to the public and justify murder on an industrial scale.

These are the true war criminals.They stand at the cenotaph and plan their next “foray” while mothers and children weep.

These are the “people” who profit from war,may they burn in hell for an eternity.

Bking:
Something like the faceless that authorise the bombs to fall on innocent civilians,start wars by lying to the public and justify murder on an industrial scale.

These are the true war criminals.They stand at the cenotaph and plan their next “foray” while mothers and children weep.

These are the “people” who profit from war,may they burn in hell for an eternity.

would you watch your children die

most people love their children
and I am not going to see some paranoid yank arab yid russian or ukrainian steal their future

Bking:

These are the “U.S.A” who profit from war,may they burn in hell for an eternity.

andjelko:

Bking:

These are the “U.S.A” who profit from war,may they burn in hell for an eternity.

Very true the military industrial complex that lives by building killing machines.

I thought this thread was about remembering those that either laid their lives on the line, or died fighting for our freedom !

well said peterm

NEVER forget.

at the end of the day soldiers follow orders without question.

can i also say many thanks to Notts County who on saturday let all service folk (current and ex) into the ground FOC

well said peterm I think the op was drawing a comparison between the people that slaughter in the name of religion ie the beheadings bombings and then publicly hide their faces whilst bragging about what they have done and what they are planning in the future,then you have the guys who are not proud of fighting but have fought in wars to provide the blanket of freedom we live under because it was and is their duty.I think his reference to the elderly guy marching head high straight and proud refers to the chelsea pensioners and all those that will say I did it for you and future generations.

Today of all days we should remember those that have given their lives for the freedom we enjoy the freedom to speak our minds and we should think about their families that they left behind.

God bless them I will remember them

not to mention a whole load who have placed their lives on the line and are still suffering to this day.

agree with what is said about remembering,a member of my family[niece] put on a social network that men were worthless [she is not gay by the way]I replied she may think they are useless until over a million of them laid their lives down so women like her could have the freedom to badmouth them ,no reply from her

mattecube:
well said peterm I think the op was drawing a comparison between the people that slaughter in the name of religion ie the beheadings bombings and then publicly hide their faces whilst bragging about what they have done and what they are planning in the future,then you have the guys who are not proud of fighting but have fought in wars to provide the blanket of freedom we live under because it was and is their duty.I think his reference to the elderly guy marching head high straight and proud refers to the chelsea pensioners and all those that will say I did it for you and future generations.

Today of all days we should remember those that have given their lives for the freedom we enjoy the freedom to speak our minds and we should think about their families that they left behind.

To be fair one of the best ways to ‘remember them’ is to recognise that there is a time when we have to go to war and a time when we should do everything possible to avoid it.In which case there was no reason whatsoever why we needed to get involved in WW1.Being that we didn’t do everything possible to stop France from supporting Russia,up to and including us backing Germany,in the small localised dispute between Austria and Serbia that kicked it all off.Which then also lead to the circumstances of the slaughter of WW2 on all sides. :frowning:

Ironically we’re now heading down a similar slippery slope in the case of not staying well out of the small localised dispute between Russia and Ukraine.The resulting potential zb storm of which could make both of those wars combined look like a small pub punch up. :unamused:

the one and only:
I look around the modern world and see the faceless that hide behind the blanket of religion, that hide their faces behind headdress and slaughter the innocent in the name of their gods.

I then see heroes of the past an 86 year old man marching with his comrades holding his head high, his face to the world, in his long red coat marching proud, marching true, marching with the memories of his fallen comrades and all those that have fallen in the fight for a free and safe world.

We will remember them

Now you see, lately I’ve grown so tired of how many ■■■■■ there are in this country I’ve seriously been thinking of emigrating, then I read the poetry above & think, well at least there’s some legion left here.

You are a diamond & I tip my cap in salute Sir.

In fact if I get the wedge again, I’m gonna spend whatever £ them hard charger air brush geezers want & beans the 2 wars all over it.

Silver_Surfer:

the one and only:

We will remember them

Now you see, lately I’ve grown so tired of how many [zb] there are in this country I’ve seriously been thinking of emigrating, then I read the poetry above & think, well at least there’s some legion left here.

You are a diamond & I tip my cap in salute Sir.

In fact if I get the wedge again, I’m gonna spend whatever £ them hard charger air brush geezers want & beans the 2 wars all over it.

There are plenty of good and inspiring people left in this country, just you don’t hear about it, it’s bad news that sells.

I had the good fortune to spend remembrance Sunday helping these guys at a race in Angelsey, (the green MX5’s are supplied by Mazda and prepared by us), so many good people there, not just the service personnel, but the organisers, scrutineers, marshals and other competitors, who all really entered into the spirit of the race. I reckon it’s was the best race of the year. :smiley:

Carryfast:

mattecube:

To be fair one of the best ways to ‘remember them’ is to recognise that there is a time when we have to go to war and a time when we should do everything possible to avoid it.In which case there was no reason whatsoever why we needed to get involved in WW1.Being that we didn’t do everything possible to stop France from supporting Russia,up to and including us backing Germany,in the small localised dispute between Austria and Serbia that kicked it all off.Which then also lead to the circumstances of the slaughter of WW2 on all sides. :frowning:

Ironically we’re now heading down a similar slippery slope in the case of not staying well out of the small localised dispute between Russia and Ukraine.The resulting potential zb storm of which could make both of those wars combined look like a small pub punch up. :unamused:

No the best way to remember them is to tell politicians to ■■■■ off
To not let their life be wasted
To educate morons like you that you owe the “state” nothing
We all have one life and these brain dead morons in the “wars” gave theirs so knobs like cameron,blair thathcher,boris,clegg etc can take the ■■■■ out of you and me and send OUR children to die (never theirs)
When are we going to ■■■■■ learn?

And when are you ever going to ■■■■■■■ learn not to insult everyone every time you get on here with a rant, ■■■■■■■ imbecile !!!