Ouistrehan docks industrial action 6/3

Anybody shipping out (or on their way home) Friday 6th to/from the above port tomorrow , check that your ferry is actually sailing.
I’ve just found out that the 14.45 boat, from Portsmouth has been cancelled

Quick update -
seems like the crew of the Normandie have decided to down tools. It is berthed at Ouistrehan, so nothing can get in there. Last nights ferry, the Mont St Michelle, was diverted to Cherbourg and gets back this evening. It will leave for France again, tonight 22.00, but not sure if it will be to Caen or Cherbourg , all depends if the Normandie comes back into service and frees the berth.

Situation as it is 21.00
22.00 sailing from P’mouth is going to Cherbourg
There is no sailing from Caen tonight, nor tomorrow morning
The sailing tomorrow morning will be from Cherbourg
BF are hoping to have the situation resolved sometime tomorrow
( but don’t hold your breath ) to get the normandie crew back to work

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Taken from the BF website about 5 minutes ago:

Let’s just hope this doesn’t spread to the other vessels.

Was talking to one of the bar staff on the Mont St Michelle last night and he said that the crew on the Normandie are a bit of a militant bunch.

Portsmouth to Caen / Caen to Portsmouth
We are sorry to advise that because of ongoing industrial action the following Normandie sailings have been cancelled :
Caen-Portsmouth - Saturday 7th March 16h30
Portsmouth-Caen - Saturday 7th March 22h45
Caen-Portsmouth - Sunday 8th March 08h30
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 14h45
Caen-Portsmouth - Sunday 8th March 23h00
Portsmouth-Caen - Monday 9th March 08h15

The following Mont St.Michel sailings will now operate to Cherbourg - we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
Portsmouth-Caen - Saturday 7th March 15h45 (previously at 14h45)
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 09h15 (previously at 08h15)
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 22h45

The following Mont St.Michel sailings will now operate from Cherbourg - we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
Caen-Portsmouth - Saturday 7th March 23h00
Caen-Portsmouth - Sunday 8th March 17h30 (previously at 16h30)
Caen-Portsmouth - Monday 9th March 09h30 (previously at 08h30)

Looks like the Normandie has left Ouistreham ,not sure where its going to???click on link below
Klunk
brittany-ferries.hauwell-studios.com/

Here is the latest information for the Portsmouth/Caen/Portsmouth sailings:~

The following Mont St.Michel sailings will now operate to Cherbourg - we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 09h15 (previously at 08h15)
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 22h45

The following Mont St.Michel sailings will now operate from Cherbourg - we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
Caen-Portsmouth - Sunday 8th March 17h30 (previously at 16h30)
Caen-Portsmouth - Monday 9th March 09h30 (previously at 08h30)

The following Normandie sailings which had been cancelled will now operate to schedule.
Portsmouth-Caen - Sunday 8th March 14h45
Caen-Portsmouth - Sunday 8th March 23h00
Portsmouth-Caen - Monday 9th March 08h15

All back to normal now :slight_smile: :wink:

All services are operating to schedule.

Do you know if there are any ongoing issues from this last bout of strikes? I am having to make an urgent visit to the UK so on the Normandie Thursday morning more worrying is the trip back Sunday afternoon again the Normandie as I don’t have much leeway for getting back to work on Monday is there a link to a BF page for information of this nature? Thx Tim

Calais apparently closed at the moment Tim due to industrial action. It’ll probably spread quicker than a white flag at a French military convention!

Hope not :slight_smile: Daughter works for SNCF railways she was on strike today! Fingers crossed, thanks

Tim85:
Do you know if there are any ongoing issues from this last bout of strikes? I am having to make an urgent visit to the UK so on the Normandie Thursday morning more worrying is the trip back Sunday afternoon again the Normandie as I don’t have much leeway for getting back to work on Monday is there a link to a BF page for information of this nature? Thx Tim

Tim, The industrial action was only on the Normandie and has now been resolved. It was an internal issue and only on this vessel. It was the catering staff that were on strike, no other crew members took part, but of course the ship could not sail without people to man the self-service and the restaurant.

If you, or anybody else, want to find out up to date details on all BF crossings in the future, go to this web page:-

brittany-ferries.co.uk/route … ng-updates

Have a safe crossing on Thursday

Small change in plan daughter finished work at a reasonable time so I changed to the overnight sailing so mont st Michel out and normandie back currently just south of rennes so plenty of time to get there

Big change to my plan NO BF sailings from france tonight on strike grrrr! On my way to calais now booked on the shuttle

I thought that this was resolved, but apparently not :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As it stands at the moment for the period Wednesday/Thursday

Wednesday 11 March - Portsmouth to Caen 14:45hrs (MONT ST MICHEL) - We are sorry to advise that due to an ongoing labour dispute, this sailing has been diverted to CHERBOURG. We are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.

We are sorry to advise that due to an ongoing labour dispute the following sailings have been cancelled. Please call us on 01752 648637 / +44 1752 648637 to discuss alternatives. We are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.

Wednesday 11 March - Caen to Portsmouth 16:30hrs (NORMANDIE)
Wednesday 11 March - Portsmouth to Caen 22:45hrs (NORMANDIE)
Wednesday 11 March - Caen to Portsmouth 23:00hrs (MONT ST MICHEL)
Thursday 12 March - Portsmouth to Caen 08:15hrs (MONT ST MICHEL)
Thursday 12 March - Caen to Portsmouth 08:30hrs (NORMANDIE)

OK here we go.

I have just contacted BF to get an update on the situation for you all and spoke to someone at Portsmouth. I have been told that they are hoping that this will be resolved within the next 18 hours and that hopefully tomorrow afternoons ferries will be operating as normal.
It isn’t the catering staff that are being militant as I posted earlier , it’s down to the garage crew on the Normandie (those that park you up on the car decks etc.) , but it has now spread to the Mont St. Michel.
The person I spoke to couldn’t assure me 100% that all would be back to normal tomorrow, but they were hoping.

I will keep you updated , best I can

Thanks p 14 the lady i spoke to earlier offered me a place on a ferry tomorrow at midday can’t remember which one though

Things seem to be sorted. This is how it stands - Thursday 12/3 20.00

All services are operating to schedule.

I hope so I do not want a Calais rerun #!

Well off i go again back to the UK I read in the paper that BF are still striking. So going back DFDS Dieppe Newhaven mainly BF wanted over 400 quid! ! DFDS route is not quite as convenient but considerably cheaper at 173 euros!