Ouch !

I pulled my worst liquid load ever today, for some reason Ben & Jerry only wanted 3400lbs on each of two tankers, I delivered the second one. Take a 3 litre coke bottle, fill it 2/3 full, hold it horizontal then tilt it back and forth and watch how the liquid rocks about ! Thats how my truck was for a 6.5 hour drive. Main trouble is that on the hills in Vermont it gets quite icy this time of year so not only does the load bang the crap out of you every time you stop but when climbing the load moves to the rear and takes the weight off the drive wheels so it’s like trying to pull a bag of lead up a hill wearing roller skates, no traction :exclamation:
On top of all this US4 is closed north of Fort Ann in NY and to cut about 15 miles and 20 minutes off the diversion I have been taking route 197 to Ft Edward and across to route 40 but 197 was closed all day due to a bad accident so I elected to go all the way up I-87 to Champlain NY (about 6 feet from the Canadian border) and cross over into VT, then drive down to St Albans VT … NEVER AGAIN !

Think how easy it would have been if you’d of carried on up 87, crossed the border and tipped in Montreal!

hi pat, you didnt have to go all that way around that road closer. should have just nipped over clay hill in fort ann into north granville, take thomas road into whitehall, simples lol :astonished: :laughing: :unamused:
cheers diesel. happy xmas to you and your family mate

diesel dan:
hi pat, you didnt have to go all that way around that road closer. should have just nipped over clay hill in fort ann into north granville, take thomas road into whitehall, simples lol :astonished: :laughing: :unamused:
cheers diesel. happy xmas to you and your family mate

They banned all non local CDL’s from Clay Hill Mick :frowning:
Oh ! and thanks for the Christmas card mate :smiley: