Ouch, Wow and what a lucky escape!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783707

This is one of many reasons why I would not complain about a forward facing dash cam as well as why I always stick to 40 on S/C’s

Regardless of blame, the article states the police were checking if the HGV Driver was speeding, if he was a superstar flying on the limiter he would have been prosecuted.

Police launched an investigation amid suspicions the lorry driver could have been guilty of speeding, dangerous driving or poor lane discipline.

But the footage, filmed with a SmartWitness Vehicle Accident Camera mounted on the dashboard of the truck, proved that the driver was not to blame for the 30mph smash in Rye, East Sussex.

Had the MC rider died, the lorry driver would have probably been up for Death by Dangerous Driving (Mandatory bird) if it was proven from the tacho he was speeding

To stop within 3 seconds of the first sign of trouble was somewhat impressive when taking into account thinking time, reaction time and braking time.
Very lucky escape for the rider and certainly an eye opener

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: He was a lucky chap, we are having ours fitted out soon with forward facing cameras and I’m not bothered one bit.

Another reason to have a cam, £143? my £35 one is better quality than that :confused:

Drift:
Another reason to have a cam, £143? my £35 one is better quality than that :confused:

I wouldn’t pay that much for a cam either, The one I personally bought cost me less than £50 and has GPS and Motion (G) Sensors.

It has paid for itself already after I was brake tested in the middle of Manchester and ended up with a shot load that required restacking - the footage showed that a car pulled infront of me, slammed on and turned off into the services.

Saved my job

trubster:

Drift:

I wouldn’t pay that much for a cam either, The one I personally bought cost me less than £50 and has GPS and Motion (G) Sensors.

It has paid for itself already after I was brake tested in the middle of Manchester and ended up with a shot load that required restacking - the footage showed that a car pulled infront of me, slammed on and turned off into the services.

Saved my job

I have the G sensor, but that gps sounds interesting.

footage is from my old company and it was taken agggeeesss ago, they showed us it last year on a cpc course…

truck was doing 40mph up untill the accident and the biker tried to blame the driver and failed

mail is talking a load of ■■■■■■ news must be slow

Drift:
I have the G sensor, but that gps sounds interesting.

GPS shows location, speed and time/date from the satellite

There is a small lag of a few seconds but exact lag can be corroborated by comparing speed delays when stopping or setting off. Full HD Video too (1080p 30fps)

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DYQAE9Y

I see a little upgrade coming up, cheers :wink:

Drift:
I see a little upgrade coming up, cheers :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=iAeU-7FfGgc

Demo video, change resolution to 1080 to watch in full quality

I have since changed the settings to record 5 minute clips, 15 minutes is a bit too long, especially when looking for a few seconds in a large clip

Looks to me like the guy had already overcooked his line before hitting the pothole. One lucky man and no mistake.
All of our units have these cams fitted, and there really is no downside to them. As said, they can protect you from false prosecution and keep you in your job. Just don`t try pointing one in my face!!!

You can get truck cams on ebay for £16.00 if you watch the auctions