other work

i have got to go into work on sunday morning,to strap down the load on the truck,ready for monday morning
there will be no driving at all on sunday,can i put a disc in tacho and record my other work that way?
or is there another way it should be recorded?

as always thanks for any help

I don’t think you can legally do it unless you can somehow fit it and still take your weekly rest. Example strap it down between 5-5.30 by 5.31 Monday morning you wouldve completed your break but you’d be unable to work Saturday.
My guess is you’re expected to do it in your own time or will be paid off card for it so don’t bother with the card.

mister-t:
i have got to go into work on sunday morning,to strap down the load on the truck,ready for monday morning
there will be no driving at all on sunday,can i put a disc in tacho and record my other work that way?
or is there another way it should be recorded?

as always thanks for any help

That would be the easiest way to record it as you have access to the vehicle.

Good Question!

I wonder if you do have to have a card in to go in to work to wash your truck on a Saturday morning or hoover it out or any of the other Admin jobs that drivers do?

You certainly should log your work on your time sheet so you get paid properly (the important bit). Remember when you start work your Weekly Rest has ended so keep that in mind too.

I’m sure the Legal Eagles on TNUK will put us both right.

BR Al

its just i am unsure how i stand on this point,i finished work at 4pm friday,truck will be loaded some time today (saturday) i was going in sunday about 08.00 to strap down load,but i have to be on the road by 04.00
on monday.

Perhaps if you could go in after 13h? then at least you have preserved your Weekly Rest.

I know it might just take an hour to secure your load but if you were strapping down your load on Hull Docks on a Tuesday afternoon it would be classed as Other Work. There is nothing wrong in being helpful but you do have to record it and you ought to be paid.

Al

AlexWignall:
Good Question!

I wonder if you do have to have a card in to go in to work to wash your truck on a Saturday morning or hoover it out or any of the other Admin jobs that drivers do?

You would have to record it by means of a chart, digi card or manual entry, just putting it on the timesheet won’t do. If there was to be a VOSA visit and they check timesheets against records, which they do on visits, it would be a problem.

mister-t:
its just i am unsure how i stand on this point,i finished work at 4pm friday,truck will be loaded some time today (saturday) i was going in sunday about 08.00 to strap down load,but i have to be on the road by 04.00
on monday.

If you can take a reduced rest this week then that is fine, you will have had 40 hours of rest from 16:00 Friday to 08:00 Sunday, leaving 5 hours to compensate for before the end of week ending 5th June.

If you had a reduced rest last week you will not be able to go in until 13:00 Sunday.

Either way that is when the 144 hours before your next weekly rest will start counting from as you won’t get 24 hours in before starting on Monday. This means you will have start your next weekly rest by, if it takes you and hour to do what you are going in to do, 09:00 or 14:00 next Saturday.

If that will be a problem and you only started this week on Monday you could go in later today and do it which would leave you enough time for a reduced weekly rest between finishing strapping down today and starting Monday. That would mean not having to start your next weekly rest until latest 04:00 next Sunday in case you have to work next Saturday.

if you are just going in of your own bat to make your life easier and save you having to strap it down at 04:00 Monday, and aren’t getting paid and you don’t have to clock through a security gate so it won’t show up anywhere, well whose to know. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

i think to be on the safe side i will take this option

if you are just going in of your own bat to save you having to strap it down at 04:00 Monday, and aren’t getting paid and you don’t have to clock through a security gate so it won’t show up anywhere, well whose to know.

thanks for all the help much appreciated