Other work

After exactly 4.5 hours driving, can you immediately do other work without having a break e.g. you get to a site bang on 4.5 hours and have to get out to open curtains and unstrap? :question:

Yeah, no problems with that as long as you don’t exceed 6 hours working time and remember to stick it on break before you set off again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that

shullbit:
After exactly 4.5 hours driving, can you immediately do other work without having a break e.g. you get to a site bang on 4.5 hours and have to get out to open curtains and unstrap? :question:

NO you cannot
GV262

After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes

shullbit:

As said, after 4 1/2 hours driving you must have a break.

You can do 4 hours 29 minutes driving then do some other work but you cannot legally do 4 1/2 hours driving then carry on working.

ROG:

shullbit:

NO you cannot
GV262

After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes

Pretty sure that only applies if you want to start driving again.

In past I’ve got to a drop exactly on 4.5hrs driving and done exactly as OP asked, opened up etc then put it on break whilst they tip.

Never had an infringement for it.

As ever another grey area putting Driving and WTD regs together [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
another grey area putting Driving and WTD regs together

WTD has nothing to do with it

The EU regs are clear on this point - get to exactly 4.5 driving time then the driver MUST record break or rest