Other work plus driving

started my new job last week,was supposed to be class2 driver,but seems to be more factory work then driving
so when i am doing other work i leave tacho on other work.do i have to still record my breaks even though
i have not drove truck,say after 3hrs of other work can i put tacho on say 15min break?then would this cancel other work done for that period,i think that 4hrs work and 2 hrs driving you must have 30 mins break
is this correct?as all my previous driving jobs where multidrop never really needed to know how to work this all out.all help much appreciated

mister-t:
started my new job last week,was supposed to be class2 driver,but seems to be more factory work then driving
so when i am doing other work i leave tacho on other work.do i have to still record my breaks even though
i have not drove truck,say after 3hrs of other work can i put tacho on say 15min break?then would this cancel other work done for that period,i think that 4hrs work and 2 hrs driving you must have 30 mins break
is this correct?as all my previous driving jobs where multidrop never really needed to know how to work this all out.all help much appreciated

If you, or your company, are bothered, by the WTD you could record breaks during other work.

Four hours work and 2 hours driving means a break of 15 minutes is required, not 30 minutes at that point.

If you do take a break during the work part of your shift, before you do any driving, that can’t be used toward the 45 minutes required before exceeding 4.5 hours driving. For the tacho rules breaks interrupt periods of driving and you can’t take a break which counts before doing any driving.

ok thanks for that think i’ve got it now