Other work etc.

One to tax the grey matter (perhaps)… As I only drive occasionally, my day job of 40hrs per week therefore constitutes “other work”. Could anyone tell me what the rest periods are that I need to take in accordance with the EU driving regulations and working time directive?

In addition, as 28 days worth of records are required to be held, if stopped by an enforcement officer, I presume I need to carry evidence of my other work activites?

Ta.
TM

leyland510:
One to tax the grey matter (perhaps)… As I only drive occasionally, my day job of 40hrs per week therefore constitutes “other work”. Could anyone tell me what the rest periods are that I need to take in accordance with the EU driving regulations and working time directive?

In addition, as 28 days worth of records are required to be held, if stopped by an enforcement officer, I presume I need to carry evidence of my other work activites?

Ta.
TM

On days that you drive to EU regulations you should have the normal daily rest period of 11 hours within the 24 hour period from the start of shift, this can be reduced to 9 hours three times between between weekly rest periods.

In weeks when you drive to EU regulations you should comply with the weekly rest periods so you should have a weekly rest period of 45 hours which in your case can most likely be reduced to 24 hours depending on what hours you normally work.

In weeks when you drive you should complete records for the days that you don’t drive, this can be done on digital tachograph printout paper, charts or a log sheet but charts are generally easier.
These records only need to show your name date and start and finish times.

In weeks when you don’t drive you don’t need to complete records of any kind but legally you should inform your employer so he can keep track of your hours for the WTD if needed.

HTH.