Other Forums

Am I the only one or is many other TN members getting e-mails to encourage you to visit a certain other Forum website.

Not keen on getting this kind of e-mail. If I want to visit I visit of my own will, not when they want me to. So I have blocked all e-mails coming from the site.

Anyone get these e-mails ?

nope,but i would do the same as you if i did.

Yeah, I got an unsolicited Email inviting me to visit another site, but I have declined, as I don’t particularly like the ethos of the guy it came from.

Nope, not me. How did they get your email address??

Linux-user:
How did they get your email address??

:confused: I dunno :confused:

nope never get any :wink:

I get occasional e-mails from the pda website i registered with them ages ago but i hardly use the site.

This ‘spamming’ from the site in question has been going on for some time.

If you go onto the feedback forum on here and read through the thread titled “are you getting an e.mail like this?” - or wording similar :slight_smile: - (started by Daxi anyway) - and that was dated mid - July. :confused:

:bulb: I thought spamming like this was frowned upon, perhaps someone will know the legal aspect - …anyone?

There are a couple of TruckNet members (only a couple :wink: ) that also used to contribute to that other site as well - don’t know if they still do.

If so, maybe they could, er, “Have a word” :wink:

That’s the only way I can think of in order to get it stopped permanently.
:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … i think i`d be more likely to get an e-mail from the queen than “that” website after last years aggro :unamused:

JB:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: … i think i`d be more likely to get an e-mail from the queen than “that” website after last years aggro :unamused:

LOL same here! :smiley: :smiley:

Redline Racing:
Am I the only one or is many other TN members getting e-mails to encourage you to visit a certain other Forum website.

Not keen on getting this kind of e-mail. If I want to visit I visit of my own will, not when they want me to. So I have blocked all e-mails coming from the site.

Anyone get these e-mails ?

the best way to stop these emails is to get banned :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Doesn’t always work odds, I still get them, maybe I should pop over and get both the user names banned. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

When I click on the link it throws up an error 'Cannot find :s '. :smiley:

Is it the Honest John site that’s responsible for these emails?

:slight_smile: No Deaks,
We’re all talking about the
Painters &
Decorators
Association website. :wink:

(The real name is not mentioned on here, by the way ( for historical, or should that be hysterical :laughing: reasons from before you joined us here on TruckNet.))

Hope the letters underlined are enough of a clue for you, mate. :wink: :sunglasses:

Thats the one, the

Please
Don’t
Argue website.

pheew i thought you meant mine

Deesider:
:slight_smile: No Deaks,
We’re all talking about the
Painters &
Decorators
Association website. :wink:

(The real name is not mentioned on here, by the way ( for historical, or should that be hysterical :laughing: reasons from before you joined us here on TruckNet.))

Hope the letters underlined are enough of a clue for you, mate. :wink: :sunglasses:

I’ve just searched the archives for PDA mate… I see exactly what you mean! :slight_smile: Here’s me thinking it’s only Honest John that’s banned a few Trucknet members!

I still can’t use the search facility, however I don’t think I will be getting any more e-mails from them.

They asked why people don’t post, so I give them a straight answer.

Now I’m banned!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Semtex:
I still can’t use the search facility, however I don’t think I will be getting any more e-mails from them.

They asked why people don’t post, so I give them a straight answer.

Now I’m banned!!! :smiley: :smiley:

oh your such a bad boy :laughing: :laughing: