Oslo to stavanger e18

Any drivers on here had any experience on this route oslo to stavanger currently working in norway between oslo torp airport to brevik travelling on e18 havent been as far down as stavanger yet but our company is starting a new contract soon running from stavanger to oslo i know some of the e18 is currently being made wider duel carrageway but would like to know time it would take running this route been told its about 380 mile one way 8hrs in truck we have 5 loads a week to do may need to changer over at kristansands any info on the route gratefull of any

Done this route about a year ago , actually went to Bergen, But from what i can remember, it was ABOUT Seven hours from Brevik, done four hours one evening and Three the next morning, had a few tolls that way and a lot of single carridge way, WATCH your SPEED, they are red hot over there. They were doing work on the roads but i don’t know how far they have gotten. The locals told me in Stavanger that they do not get the snow as bad in that bit of Norway, but their bad and my idea of bad may be a bit different. As i say i have only done it once so i don’t know the route as to tell you stop at Svens cafe etc, If you ever have to go to Bergen,It’s ferry ,tunnel, all the way :smiley:

Hi barry.i don’t know if you are working for a uk or norwegian co.the road is,like all roads in norway very windy and narrow in places.i used to drive a lot from oslo to stavanger and bergen for pilkington,and return to oslo.be warned it’s,like all the roads in norway,lethal in the winter.if you don’t already have them,get you’r boss to invest in a set of NORWEGIAN winter tyres,not the rubbish we use in europe.dont forget also that you are required,by law ,to carry 7 ice chains on the vehicle.they can get funny if you aint got em.remember they don’t grit outside of the cities so watch out for the ice :open_mouth: the norwegian ministry of transport[you find them at the contol points]do a very good booklet for truckers called ‘‘donna diesel’’ this is full of usefull tips for winter driving in norway and comes in all languages[it’s free].take care mike.

have a look through THIS and see the links marked
Scandinavia, Norway etc.

IIrc, it is about 550-560km or so, from oslo to stavanger.
If you work nights, you should make the trip in around 8-9 hours (driving).
The E18 to kristiansand has been improved a lot lately, but I have not been further than that, the last few years.

Oh, and watch out for the lighthouse in the middle of the road, a bit west from kristiansand. :open_mouth: