Oryx freightlines

Anyone got any pictures of oryx freight lines or stories to tell about them

Were they the mob that did middle east work with orange f89’s?

Were they the mob that did middle east work with orange f89’s?

Yes

mickharrow:
Anyone got any pictures of oryx freight lines or stories to tell about them

Don’t know much about them but a couple of my mates drove for them - Chris Beal & Bob Corp

Didn’t Alan,(Pop) Warner and/or Kenny Searle drive for them?

bestbooties:

Hi BB not sure as I only got to know “Pop” when I subbed for Ralph and worked in the office there for a while. Ran with him several times - constant supply of tea! A true gentleman.Next time I speak to him I’ll ask the question. There was a guy from your neck of the woods subbing for RD - Trevor Yoxall - Do you know him and is he still about? Regards

Did Colin Berry (RIP) drive for Oryx ■■

Yes,as did Butch Levett,Chris Bolt and Pat Hawkes,among others.Remember Oryx was quite a big Company during the 70s and done a lot of work to the gulf area.

Oryx F89

Photo Credit David Miller
Oryx OshKosh

Photo Credit David Miller

It’s so very nice when you find your own photographs put up on the forum without even asking or acknowledging the original poster.

David

It is isnt it. Kind of flattering really.
I came across them on a Spanish website, you must have posted them on there.
There are some more good 'uns in your album, why don’t you post some of them ?
Thanks.
GS

silver fox:
Did Colin Berry (RIP) drive for Oryx ■■

I was lucky enough to work with and call both Colin Berry and Chris Bolt my friends in the early 90s, both of whom were ex Oryx.

Both if them are no longer with us. RIP :cry:

Laurie Dryver:

bestbooties:

Hi BB not sure as I only got to know “Pop” when I subbed for Ralph and worked in the office there for a while. Ran with him several times - constant supply of tea! A true gentleman.Next time I speak to him I’ll ask the question. There was a guy from your neck of the woods subbing for RD - Trevor Yoxall - Do you know him and is he still about? Regards

Laurie,
Yoxall is a local name,I’m not sure I know Trevor.
I did work with a Fred Yoxall when we were both working as o/d’s working for Vic Wild,that was in '74 before I started on the m/e.

Laurie Dryver:

bestbooties:

hi laurie dryver

I hope you don’t mind me butting in, Trev Yoxall is still about & he & his brother Andy both have their own waggons & run Yoxall transport together, they have brown with orange chassis Iveco Stralis’s & pull tankers carrying pigments mainly, I think for castle colours, sometimes you see them with a slurry tank on aswell.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:

Laurie Dryver:

bestbooties:

hi laurie dryver

I hope you don’t mind me butting in, Trev Yoxall is still about & he & his brother Andy both have their own waggons & run Yoxall transport together, they have brown with orange chassis Iveco Stralis’s & pull tankers carrying pigments mainly, I think for castle colours, sometimes you see them with a slurry tank on aswell.

cheers
gaz

Thanks for that info Ttgz glad that “Roadranger” is still about, I know that this is perhaps not the right thread to keep in touch with former colleagues and I apologise for using this Oryx thread for That!

It is isnt it. Kind of flattering really.
I came across them on a Spanish website, you must have posted them on there.
There are some more good 'uns in your album, why don’t you post some of them ?
Thanks.
GS

You would have found them on the site Camionesclassicos where I was a contributing member for many years under the handle osomayor.

I do have a load of Oryx photos and could tell you all about the company from my time working for them but I am not going to for two reasons;
They are going to form part of a new book which Ash is writing and, following his great success with Long Haul Pioneers, I am sure he will make a really good job of it.
A problem on this forum is that, lately, there are a herd of 15 year olds (they act 15 anyway) just waiting to say that us old’uns are senile old fools who don’t know what we are talking about

So I shall keep ‘my powder dry’ and leave it to Ash.

David

I knew Butch - I used to work there when I was a teenager…a couple of others too, but can’t remember their names. We used to take a speed boat out to an island off of Doha - it was a lot of fun - I remember we were popping the bubbly…really nice blokes who worked there - one was a bit of a pain, but I forgot his name and wouldn’t say it anyway.