Orwell truck stop

Morning drivers, just a quick question is orwell truck stop still open and can you still grab a shower and shave there? I’ve not been down that way in about 8 years and I heard a while ago it was threatened with closure.

Yeah still open…As are the showers…Food is expensive though…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

it cost you about 6 quid for a shower and up to 2 hours parking, need to pay parking to use shower

Bloody he’ll your right 6 quid takes the pics abit!! just told them no thanks I’ll stop at Risby on the way back up. What a shame used to be a cracking place it’s a ■■■■■■■ scandal really no need to rip driver’s off. Thanks for the replys anyway guys.

chrisdalott:
it cost you about 6 quid for a shower and up to 2 hours parking, need to pay parking to use shower

:open_mouth: …And they still get customers?? :open_mouth:

robroy:

chrisdalott:

Not many, mainly overnighters. But if you’ve done a couple of days of Yarmouths out of Felixstowe, there’s not much else unless your delivery point has a shower

robroy:

chrisdalott:

Apparently he wasn’t making enough money to cover the cleaners at £3 a shower. Wonder how much he’s making now?

That’s a joke though. The showers have never been so dirty, even with a cleaner :unamused:

I grabbed a cuppa and a pckt of them fruit shortcake biscuits , biscuits £1.45 :open_mouth: , 30 p or so in cheap shops

This used to be a great stop. Stayed here a couple of months back and certainly won’t be returning again.

The food was terrible. I’ve got a good appetite and will eat just about anything but the stuff here was awful.

How the new owners have managed to ruin a quality venue in 9 months is beyond me.

Rats the size of kittens running around too

I stayed here a few weeks ago, no probs what so ever, food was alright showers alright and nice to park on tarmac for a change :smiley:

never been in it and vowed never to go in when it’s last owner and the previous owner of alconbury truckstop stated in the press that we were all thieves by pocketing all our night out money that was too pay for parking.

was there last night 18 to park food is overpriced but ok