Orwell? Kafka?

Is it Orwells doublespeak? Kafkas alternate reality?
Or a Fork tongued snake oil salesman taking us for idiots?

youtube.com/watch?v=5vDg_FX666g

Nope.
It`s a Minister.

:laughing: These people have no shame, he definitely deserves a personalised version of the Orwellian future "a boot stamping on [his] human face – for ever. "

And yet… Kier Starmer, a former barrister, doesn’t seem able to summon the wherewithall to shred the current government on a daily basis at PM question time - how much of an open goal does he need? I guess a barrister’s argumentative skills only work in the artificial settings of a court room and not in the House of Commons.

In similar vein we have Johnson saying (Dec 2021) about Lady Hallett and her Covid inquiry
“The inquiry will be established under the 2005 Inquiries Act, with full powers, including the power to compel the production of documents and to summon witnesses to give evidence on oath. The inquiry will be held in public. In consultation with Baroness Hallett, I intend to appoint additional panel members in the new year in order that the inquiry has access to the full range of expertise needed to complete its important work.”

Now it is clear that Johnson who has always considered himself an exception to many rules is an exception to that one too.

Orwell? Kafka? Or even O Henry? (Coiner of “banana republic”)

Taking money from the tax payer to fund legal fees, as a former Minister for actions as a Minister, is the norm.
Taking money for actions as a private individual whilst a incidentally a Minister isnt. Already the lines have been blurred. To now say the legal team arent good enough and expect extra cash is too much IMHO.

Zac_A:
:lol: These people have no shame, he definitely deserves a personalised version of the Orwellian future "a boot stamping on [his] human face – for ever. "

And yet… Kier Starmer, a former barrister, doesn’t seem able to summon the wherewithall to shred the current government on a daily basis at PM question time - how much of an open goal does he need? I guess a barrister’s argumentative skills only work in the artificial settings of a court room and not in the House of Commons.

They ran a campaign ad recently one of which was along the lines of Rishi Sunak thinks Paedos shouldn’t go to prison and a few others, you might think a moral high ground is easy to maintain considering the base line.

It may come as surprise to some* that I am no great fan of Johnson.
But this seems** very welcome:
news.sky.com/story/boris-johnso … y-12894902

• Probably not very many though!
    **Not everything turns out as it seems it should.

So… Johnson is saying that some early messages are unavailable, because the dog ate his phone, or some hackers got into it or summat. Those who know about these things, say that isn`t a problem, and earlier messages should be accessible.

"The official said Mr Johnson’s statement creates delay and “puts the onus on resolving it” on the shoulders of the Cabinet Office.
“He’s not techy and if told not to use a device I suppose it’s fair to go back to those who gave the advice for help,” he said. “However, he could have done that ages ago.”

Not at all “techy” then?
Maybe we the taxpayers should ask for a refund from Jennifer Arcuri?

It’s entirely feasible that the messages have gone. I arguably receive more ■■■■■■ up ■■■■ videos via WhatsApp than Bo Jo but he probably received many more mundane messages through that platform.

I used to delete the messages weekly because of the memory it took up, I now have enabled disappearing messages so after three days they self delete.

The thing is, once they’re gone they’re gone. So if he’s deleted messages they too are gone.

the maoster:
It’s entirely feasible that the messages have gone. I arguably receive more [zb] up ■■■■ videos via WhatsApp than Bo Jo but he probably received many more mundane messages through that platform.

I used to delete the messages weekly because of the memory it took up, I now have enabled disappearing messages so after three days they self delete.

The thing is, once they’re gone they’re gone. So if he’s deleted messages they too are gone.

I don`t claim any techie-ness.
But if MI5, MI6, and GCHQ sources say that the old phone can be operated securely??
inews.co.uk/news/boris-johnson- … es-2382663
Now, if it next transpires the the old phone has been eaten by his pet dog, or dropped over the side of a pedalo or whatever? What then?

Forgot…this is how to restore old messages
faq.whatsapp.com/61857594663592 … rm=android

“AI” and tech generally, may be extremely stupid, but it does have a big memory.

Fine if you have a back up in place. I don’t, why would I?

No doubt you’ll argue that he should have, but just ‘cos a guy on the internet thinks he should doesn’t make it so.

the maoster:
Fine if you have a back up in place. I don’t, why would I?

No doubt you’ll argue that he should have, but just ‘cos a guy on the internet thinks he should doesn’t make it so.

Could I, (someone on the internet) access his old messages? Nah, I certainly couldnt. Could GCHQ? Could the Hallett Inquiry? Hmmm. I dont know.
But if anyone can…

Isn’t whapsapp end to end encrypted? So there might be backup data on a server somewhere but perhaps if the key isn’t available from the old phone I suppose its as good as double dutch.

As good a reason as any to delete them with no back up in the first place. Seems we are in agreement l

njl:
Isn’t whapsapp end to end encrypted?

It is, but I’m sure there are some genius adolescents around who could possibly hack that. All the more reason to delete permanently messages

the maoster:
As good a reason as any to delete them with no back up in the first place. Seems we are in agreement l

If you have summat to hide?
Yes. Of course!

If you consider yourself a Statesman, with an eye on posterity?

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
:smiley:

IF the old Johnson phone is indeed empty, then any messages sent/received to/from that phone from other Gov phones should all be available.
Presumably msgs to/from private phones to the old phone wont be available. I would expect that there will quite a bit of info relevant to the inquiry available even if the old phone isnt.

I expect most Gov officials to keep msgs in order to protect their own ■■■.
No matter what decisions politicos make, officials will want to show they gave good advice.

I’m assuming rightly or wrongly all this phone stuff is to do with Johnson breaking the ■■■■ Covid rules again, with further ‘developments’ coming to light :unamused:
If so who really ■■■■ cares ?
If not ignore this post :smiley:

The guy has lost his job, the Labour Party has lost it’s biggest threat in terms of adverse voting against them, so will sure as hell get in power next time.

Let it go ffs, the only ones who care are the Labour Party and it’s members wanting another pound of flesh,.the Boris haters wanting to vent their hatred and gloat even further., and those with nothing much going on in their own lives, but who feel the need to ‘concern themselves’ as a result.

The rest?
3 reasons for nonchalance.

I reckon they’ve realised (during different stages of the period) that the Covid thing was a 75% con and exaggeration anyway, so were maybe more guilty as Johnson for not ‘following the rules’ so ain’t too fussed.

It was over 3 years anyway we have all moved on.

More going on in our own lives to care.

robroy:
I’m assuming rightly or wrongly all this phone stuff is to do with Johnson breaking the [zb] Covid rules again, with further ‘developments’ coming to light :unamused:
If so who really [zb] cares ?

The guy has lost his job, the Labour Party has lost it’s biggest threat in terms of adverse voting against them, so will sure as hell get in power next time.

Let it go ffs, the only ones who care are the Labour Party and it’s members wanting another pound of flesh,.the Boris haters wanting to vent their hatred and gloat even further., and those with nothing much going on in their own lives, but who feel the need to ‘concern themselves’ as a result.

The rest?

I reckon they’ve realised (during different stages of the period) that the Covid thing was a 75% con and exaggeration anyway, so were maybe more guilty as Johnson for not ‘following the rules’ so ain’t too fussed.

Speaking as an expert on pandemics, I wonder why does Dr RR say it was “75% con and exaggeration”?

Although there will very likely be political fallout, the inquiry isn`t just about party politics.
There will sooner or later be another pandemic. It is necessary to look at what was done well, and what was done badly, in order to deal with the next one.

Franglais:

robroy:
I’m assuming rightly or wrongly all this phone stuff is to do with Johnson breaking the [zb] Covid rules again, with further ‘developments’ coming to light :unamused:
If so who really [zb] cares ?

The rest?

Speaking as an expert on pandemics, I wonder why does Dr RR say it was “75% con and exaggeration”?

Although there will very likely be political fallout, the inquiry isn`t just about party politics.
There will sooner or later be another pandemic. It is necessary to look at what was done well, and what was done badly, in order to deal with the next one.

Maybe I’m getting like you mate, professing to know all about it (I ain’t really doing that btw) but in reality actually ‘KNOWING’ the far end of f/all, But instead observing,.and only making judgements on what I see and believe, and in your case told …but we’ve been here before on this…innit. :smiley:
So no real need for the doctorate thanks.

As for your prediction to the next pandemic :unamused: no links to prove it please, (you do not seem to be happy unless you are wallowing in doom and gloom :unamused: ) I’ll personally deal with it in the same way if it comes, but this time with a ‘once bitten twice shy’ stance, due to a the crap we were fed last time.
But I’m sure you will be first in the queue for your new mask,.and watching the media avidly in order to repeat it all to the rest of us and keep us informed. :laughing:

Frangers The Soothsayer now…As in ‘Up Pompeii’…Woe woe and thrice woe. :smiley:
youtube.com/shorts/zYrHp9A9cdg?feature=share

That’s put in 15 mins of nowt to do, off to enjoy myself now. :smiley: