Ormskirk info please

Evening my learned colleagues,i have a delivery at a site in Derby St,Ormskirk tomorrow,
Drivers of the customer say you have to go over the 18t weight limit bridge in the town which then puts you on Derby St,
Don,t like that idea at all so was thinking of coming off the M58 at Skem and following the A577 pretty much all the way in then right up Tower Hill to the top then left eventually coming onto Derby St the right side of the weight limited bridge,
Has anybody got local knowledge to confirm my planned route,i will be pulling a flat trailer grossing around 43t,
Thanks for any info.

You should be ok as long as you like roundabouts ! The A577 takes you across most of the Skem ones. They are usually pretty empty and most are nice and wide.

You also get to experience one of the local crazy junction. Junction 5 is weird because there was originally meant to be an additional connection running off from it, however due to budget cuts that road was never built. So now when you come off, you have to head in the opposite direction and do a large figure of 8 before you actually head the right way !

However coming back you might be better using junction 4 and the A5068 as the planners that designed junction 5 also thought it would be a great idea to make the traffic joining the motorway do so via a give way onto the slip road that is also used by traffic exiting the motorway at the same junction !

Also bear in mind that because Ormskirk is the main way on and off the motorway for the area, it can get very busy during rush hour.

Cheers Marvin,i was thinking of Jct4,then 2nd island left and follow A577 all the way in to Ormskirk,turning right up Tower Hill then onto Derby St.