Ormskirk 18T limit

Am I right in thinking I can go from skelmersde to Southport via Ormskirk in a artic but I can’t do the same journey in reverse because of the weight limit on the one way system?

I went that way a year ago and when I came out was surprised to see the weight limit sign behind me. Thought I must have missed a sign on my way in but I’m sure I didn’t. Not sure if there’s a sign there now or not to prevent you going both ways.

You can go through ormskirk from the M58 to southport,past morrisons up the hill sharp left past the church then out to southport.
You can come back to Ormskirk turn right onto County rd (signposted diversion) to the island turn left onto Aughton street (tight left)turn right onto Park road (sign for Edge Hill Uni)
To the T junction then right onto A570 St Helen’s Rd signed for Skem follow past the Uni then up to the M58.

Yes your right. You can go through Ormskirk to Southport from Skelmersdale but can’t do the same journey in reverse. The sign for the weight limit is in an awkward place and is easy to miss. The diversion takes you along the A59 to Maghull. So avoid that. Go back to the lights where you cross over the A59 but turn right instead as though following the diversion then turn left at the first roundabout. Straight over the next mini roundabout and go to the lights and turn right then left at the next set then another right at the lights it’ll get you back the way you came but avoiding the weight limit.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys :smiley:

Rowley010:
I went that way a year ago and when I came out was surprised to see the weight limit sign behind me. Thought I must have missed a sign on my way in but I’m sure I didn’t. Not sure if there’s a sign there now or not to prevent you going both ways.

It’s just on the way from southport out to skelmersdale fella,it’s the bridge on the one way system