Ordered my new car

Hi Guys

Anyone else got a new car on order? Been told delivery can be up to 4 months as it’s not a standard order cause of the options I have on it etc.

20" alloys on mine the same as the picture but mine has a body kit on it and therefor the back end (where in this pic is grey) mine is colour coded.

So frustrating waiting on the time passing! To make it worse the factory doesn’t reopen to 1st September.

sorry mate, can’t see the picture, it’s too small :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How much is that a week.

Reminds me of a sooped up skateboard :smiley:

Is it the twin turbo one?

I don’t like the look of the new Astra, it looks like a Chinese ripoff of a proton.

spectron:
How much is that a week.

I have every option on it so i’m paying close to £500

dukeofdirt:
Is it the twin turbo one?

It’s the new BiTurbo 2.0

dar1976:
Reminds me of a sooped up skateboard :smiley:

It’s a standard 2 litre BiTurbo that’s in it so it’s not sooped up, does go like [zb] though.

£500 pw + ins you must be mad.
My mate got the vxr, when they came out.
Paid about 20 grand for it. When he finished paying for it. It cost him 27grand altogether.
Then traded it in for a new ford galaxy and got 7 grand for it.
What a waste of money.
I couldn’t sleep at night knowing id got that to pay.

500 bucks a week?

20" alloys

on a vauxhall?

are you mad?

if yoru feeling generous though ill take a vrx8 bathurst please in white :smiley:

I pop back now and again for a look and its always good to see the positivity and happiness is still here in abundance. Such a joyful bunch.

Good for you young man, if that’s what you want to spend your money on then enjoy it. At your age I had a rusty Fiat Panda! Its a good looking car. Have fun.

switchlogic:
I pop back now and again for a look and its always good to see the positivity and happiness is still here in abundance. Such a joyful bunch.

Good for you young man, if that’s what you want to spend your money on then enjoy it. At your age I had a rusty Fiat Panda! Its a good looking car. Have fun.

Thanks a lot Luke, means a lot. Massively proud for what I have at my age, I’ve been very fortunate.

gogzy:
500 bucks a week?

20" alloys

on a vauxhall?

are you mad?

if yoru feeling generous though ill take a vrx8 bathurst please in white :smiley:

Not gonna lie I’d love a VXR8 as well one day, drift heaveeennn. POWWWAAA.

Nice car Sam but surely you mean £500 a month, not a week?

£500 a week over (I’m assuming) three years is £78,000.

Yeah per month sorry, my bad.

Sam Millar:
Yeah per month sorry, my bad.

Great looking motor Sam, think we are going for the GTC this time too, but only the baby engine

Yes, lovely looking car Sam, and exactly the sort of thing you should be spending your money on. One day there might be things like nappies, mortgages and gas bills to take priority but for now there aren’t so just enjoy your wheels. :sunglasses:

I was the same at your age, car-mad, and I spent every penny I earned on my car and petrol, although I’m showing my age when I tell you that when I was your age I had one of these. :wink:

Still, in a lot of ways things were easier, I remember my first insurance policy, as a 17 year old on L plates, cost me £72, and in that same week I took home £68 washing pots and pans in a hospital kitchen.

Good luck.

That’s a posh one Harry, I had to make do with 100E Populars and Prefects :frowning:

raymundo:
That’s a posh one Harry, I had to make do with 100E Populars and Prefects :frowning:

I’m not so sure that it was posh, I paid £40 for it (not the one in the pic but identical, even down to the colour).

My very first car, aged 17 was an Austin A40, I paid £10 for it. :wink:

Then I had a Triumph Herald, that was posh, it cost £30.

And then I had an Austin A60 which cost £8 and still had two month’s MOT left.

Then I had another posh car, a Humber Super Snipe.

That was £30 too, I drove it around for a few months then went banger racing in it. I should have kept it, it would be worth five grand now. :cry:

Very first … 1955 Commer Cob £25.00.
Later I went to see a Mk 1 Jag 2.4 with overdrive in Abbey Wood, never knew the seller personally and it was a bit too expensive at the time but he let me take it and I agreed to pay the balance asap. This I certainly did as he turned out to be a minder for the Richardson gang that earlier on had controlled the ‘business’ south of the river. The car was crap by the way but I never complained.
Early nineties bought a '55 MG ZA with 12k on the clock from some titled aristocrat in Suffolk but my ex wife went and sold that without my knowledge while I was away at sea. ■■■■■ :smiling_imp:
Best old car by far was a Mk 2 Zodiac reg no. 67 LBJ, 1962 and one of the very last produced. Still have a '82 Trabant at Ipswich if anyone wants a ‘classic’. Bought it from a garage in Wolgast after a heavy session on the juice. :unamused:

nice car sam
we had to wait when we ordered our new fiesta ( 61 plate) dont be surprised if you end up waiting longer than said time we had a couple of delays waiting for ours due to spec etc either way when you take delivery get in have a good sniff of that new car smell and enjoy