opt out on wtd

has anybody heard about the opt out under wtd that states their will be no opt out after april when a driver starts work before four in the morning he can only do a ten hour shift in total meaning he has to finish by two pm

awesome, but how true.

If it’s true, i’m changing start time to 3.30am!!!

Yeh, but drivers being drivers will not see it as a start, however minor, or even unlikely ,towards us getting better conditions in line with other industries, with a view to also a decent hourly rate, but will vote against it in the usual short sighted “turkey voting for Christmas” manner with great enthusiasm, much to the satisfaction and secret amusement to poverty pleading but well off employers, sounds a bit left wing I know, but non the less true.

more waiting room bull, I have search and can find nothing at all to say that the regulations are changing. the nearest I could find was that the government had won the right to retain the opt out for normal wtd, but that was back in 2009.
it would require an act of parliament to change the current regs, and I think that would have to be at europian level and not uk level :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

rammedlin@gmail.com:
has anybody heard about the opt out under wtd that states their will be no opt out after april when a driver starts work before four in the morning he can only do a ten hour shift in total meaning he has to finish by two pm

If and I do say IF, the night opt out of the RTD is being scrapped then I doubt it will make much difference to most because the 10 hours is for driving/other work total time and does not refer to shift time

A night driver is anyone who works at any time between 0000 and 0400

There is an opt out of nighttime working time regs this is only through a majority or workforce agreement this has been in place since the rtd came into effect