Opportunity to get my class c through the jobcentre

Hi, I’m new to this forum. I’m 35, unemployed for 6 months or so & been looking at getting my class c license. I was ready for getting a loan from family and doing my license. The jobcentre in Glasgow have said they will fund it through skills direct Scotland with Gtg in Glasgow. It’s a 10 week course with 8 weeks work placement with a company close to where I live. They put me through my medical, cpc etc. I was just wandering if anyone has done this before or something similar. Was wandering what the work placement may be, if I would be learning with someone on the job. Been really wanting to do this for a while as working in call centres are murder. It just seems to good to be true.

Cheers

If it seems too good to be true… :wink:

If it is indeed all above board, go for it. Brilliant opportunity

I dont know anything about GTG apart from when i was looking at companies to do training they would not give an exact time scale on training to test on their website . Also i contacted them at least 4 weeks ago regarding training and i am still waiting on a response! Great way to do business :open_mouth:

Does seem too good to be true given how much training normally costs and how ■■■■■■■ unhelpful the job centre normally are… read the small print carefully I say. Make sure you aren’t signing up for some nasty loan or to work for a crap company for 3 years or something.

But if it is above board then why not? :slight_smile:

What happens if you fail the driving test?

Austin0711:

Im not sure as iv been referred over this morning so I don’t have all the details through yet. It’s actually called employability programme which is on Google with gtg. Gtg is on here for the recommended training groups in Glasgow. Was just wandering if anyone had done this or heard about it before.

Austin0711:

The Jobcentre pays for one retest…

What a joke theres me working my arse of paying my taxes whilst the unemployed get given everything for nothing. I paid over a £1000 from my own pocket for my class 1. What a complete joke.

Popcorn time :laughing:

As a tax payer I fully support them putting the unemployed through schemes like this. They only thing I take issue with is when they throw it at anyone and everyone, not just those wanting to do it. (This is not a dig at the OP!) provided the OP actually wants to do the training and sees it as a long term job then why not let them do it and help them into it. I have spent over £2500 getting to class 1, more if I fail my test in 10 days lol, at least if they actually want to do it it creates a better chance of long term employment.

BeakFreak81:

Austin0711:

The Jobcentre pays for one retest…

:unamused:

pompeymark:
What a joke theres me working my arse of paying my taxes whilst the unemployed get given everything for nothing. I paid over a £1000 from my own pocket for my class 1. What a complete joke.

Because the unemployed have never paid any tax of course… and if you were unlucky enough to find yourself unemployed for 6 months+ you wouldn’t accept any free retraining on offer because you wouldn’t want to be given ‘everything for nothing’ would you? :unamused:

I say why not use taxes to help get someone back to work in a decent job for the long term? I would rather that than keep paying dole + all the other benefits that go with it for months or years on end. If this kind of assistance does get someone a job I reckon it would pay for itself very quickly as the person will not be claiming any longer and they will be paying tax back into the system as well.

I agree with pompeymark. Absolute [zb]ing joke.

If you want to be a LGV driver, work hard and save up the dough. I am really getting ■■■■■■ off with my taxes being abused.

Fat barstewards having gastric bands because they have eaten themselves to oblivion. Immigrants sending tax credit money back home for their kids. Bone idle pricks who sit outside the Job centre with their G Star Raw jeans on rolling a ■■■ with their skanky fingers, after getting their dole. Council houses provided for them along with free dental care.

And now free LGV licences. FFS what has happened to this Country?

CovGuy:

pompeymark:

Because the unemployed have never paid any tax of course… and if you were unlucky enough to find yourself unemployed for 6 months+ you wouldn’t accept any free retraining on offer because you wouldn’t want to be given ‘everything for nothing’ would you? :unamused:

I say why not use taxes to help get someone back to work in a decent job for the long term? I would rather that than keep paying dole + all the other benefits that go with it for months or years on end. If this kind of assistance does get someone a job I reckon it would pay for itself very quickly as the person will not be claiming any longer and they will be paying tax back into the system as well.

My friend got forklift training through the JSA out of the 4 there he was the only one that wanted to do it. 2 left after 1st day and the other failed it on purpose because he didn’t want to work.
I’m sure the OP is an exception but having forked out over £2000 of my own money while holding down a job and paying bills it is rather annoying. No doubt there will be people being put through their HGV courses that don’t even want to do it.

Like i said i have never been unemployed since leaving school going into a slave labour yts scheme to having 3 jobs at once if someone wants to work there is work out there. Trouble with this country the gov is too interested in giving the unemployed everything to make themselves look good and like they are actually doing something.
I had to pay for all my training. Get of ur arses and find work and save.

CovGuy:

pompeymark:

+1

If the OP had been given the opportunity to train to get back into work but rejected it - would you not say why?

Benefits should be for people who need help to get them back to earning money and paying taxes so they can then contribute so that others in the same position can benefit as they did - or god forbid you when you lose your job and find it a struggle.

However, the workshy deserve nothing but disposing of, permanently.

pompeymark:

English taxes paying for Scottish unemployed… :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

If you want to be a LGV driver, work hard and save up the dough. I am really getting ■■■■■■ off with my taxes being abused.

Fat barstewards having gastric bands because they have eaten themselves to oblivion. Immigrants sending tax credit money back home for their kids. Bone idle pricks who sit outside the Job centre with their G Star Raw jeans on rolling a ■■■ with their skanky fingers, after getting their dole. Council houses provided for them along with free dental care.

I might be wrong but am sure it is pretty much f@@ked :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

I have paid 19 years tax etc. Was unemployed back in 2012 for a bit. Went to sign on and was told i was due roughly a fiver a week due to the missus working hahaha. Needless to say told them where to ram their fiver!!

htmldude:

pompeymark:

English taxes paying for Scottish unemployed…. :unamused:

Behave yourself ya halfwit